American vs European METAL

American or European Metal?

• Total voters
Rofl 1 to 31 Europe, epic fail America. As a generalization American metal blows (everything 'Core' is popular here, puke) but their are some saving graces - Death, Novembers Doom, Daylight Dies, Agalloch...

Ill agree that European metal drowns out America's competition. however, the bands that are quality from America (Wolves in the Throne Room, Isis, Pelican, etc.) are the best in their genre.

For some reason I thought Isis was from the UK. Shit, they're from Beantown.
That explains the horseshit vox.

Kinda unfair comparison actually considering Europe has more than double the population.
Besides, American artists are busy with Country, Hip-Hop, Pop, etc... But since you asked

Agalloch > Europe :)

America has had plenty of quality acts.. But Europe has far more quality acts. And i don't think even most Americans would disagree with that.

Has had? They still have some quite amazing ones. Like Lothlorien said "Wolves in the Throne Room, Isis, Pelican, etc." along with Leviathan, Lurker of Chalice, a good deal of hip-hop acts such as The Roots for example, and of course some else that I can't think of at the moment. Oh, and Red Sparowes. And Twilight, and Xasthur.