USA vs Europe (about bands)

The best ones for you....

• AMERICAN BANDS

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • EUROPEAN BANDS

Votes: 53 80.3%

• Total voters
Best death metal band out of Europe is easily chosen...the mighty fuckin' Carcass. Pretty much everything else as far as I can see has always been melodic death or power...USA owns the death scene hands down.

Based on my recent listening, I picked the USA. Lately, Europe has failed to show me anything beyond the music-by-numbers run-of-the-mill metal. (maybe the new Aborym will change my mind)

I went with Europe. Some great bands have come out of Europe...some of my faves....Sinister, Vader, Entombed, Dissection, Bolt Thrower, DarkThrone, Immortal, Dark Funeral, Grave, Opeth

Don't get me wrong, there are alot of great American bands too....Nile, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Maleveolent Creation, Immolation. So its really hard to choose a fave continent.

Originally posted by IOfTheStorm
people who voted usa named bands
people who voted europe didnt ..
me wonders whyyy oh whyy

Well, I can name a lot of European bands I like, but for the most part, none of them make my all-time top 10.

Some of my favorite European music:

Arch Enemy
Annal Nathrakh
Houwitser
Anorexia Nervosa
Lacuna Coil
Destruction
Kreator
Iniquity
Vomitory
Runemagick
Necrophagist
Tristania

etc...

And of course, I do like the most of the Gothenburg scene bands, most of the British black metal I've heard...

But not really much strikes me as completely outstanding.

as i said in one previous post, the best thrash metal bands are from the usa, the best power metal bands are from usa, the best progressive bands are from the usa , the best doom bands are from usa etc etc etc ...
how can europe beat that?

Originally posted by IOfTheStorm
as i said in one previous post, the best thrash metal bands are from the usa, the best power metal bands are from usa, the best progressive bands are from the usa , the best doom bands are from usa etc etc etc ...
how can europe beat that?

Yes that is true but right now America is losing the battle. I was thinking about it and why is where the music from such a big deal anyways?

Originally posted by Sonnenritter
Well, even though you might not like it, the best place to get info about them would be The Pagan Front. They support NS ideologies, but it's all I know to check. You could probably find a good deal of their music on IRC as well if you use that.

Thx, I will check it out. I'm not down with their beliefs, but I listen to quite a bit of music from bands who belief in stuff I don't, like some black metal and NS bands from Europe.

Europe (though America has most of the good thrash bands).

Accept
Bolt Thrower
Judas Priest
Napalm Death
Acid Reign
Iron Maiden
Destruction
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
Sodom
At The Gates
My Dying Bride