America Vs Europe

Do you preffer...??

• American Bands

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • European Bands

Votes: 47 85.5%

• Total voters
I have to go with europe on this one,the thing is that the north american bands I like are excellent: malevolent creation,cannibal corpse,iced earth
but europe gets my vote

In general Europe easily beats the USA, but in death metal its a close I'd say. Sure, there are lots of DM bands from the states that are great, but the best ones are still European in my opinion. Mainly from countries such as: the Netherlands, Sweden and Poland.

Most of the death metal bands that I like are from USA, but there're some thrash and black metal bands from Europe that I like. Enough with the bullshit i'll go with USA

Originally posted by Moonlight Butchery
In general Europe easily beats the USA, but in death metal its a close I'd say. Sure, there are lots of DM bands from the states that are great, but the best ones are still European in my opinion. Mainly from countries such as: the Netherlands, Sweden and Poland.

While I love death metal bands from Europe as well, I'm curious as to who you're talking about?

I like Decapitated
Vader
Vomitory
Bloodbath

I can't think of any others...

Plenty.
Holland: Disavowed, Pyaemia, Severe Torture, Houwitser, INRI, Pestilence (for something more old school), Gorefest and so on..
Sweden: Spawn of Possession, Insision, Kaamos, Defleshed, Deranged...
Some more European DM bands from other countries: Sickening Gore, Myrkskog....

Originally posted by Necros
Depends on what time frame you are talking about:

1969-1983 Europe has best metal
1983-1993 USA has best metal
1993 - Present Europe has best metal, especially Nordic countries

The metal scence in the USA now sucks. I can't ever remember a time in the last 30+ years when the music scence in USA has been worse.... Nu-metal, mallcore punk, rap what a sad situation.

Therefore overall Europe must get my vote over 34 year history of metal.

He said it all..,.,

Originally posted by Moonlight Butchery
Plenty.
Holland: Disavowed, Pyaemia, Severe Torture, Houwitser, INRI, Pestilence (for something more old school), Gorefest and so on..
Sweden: Spawn of Possession, Insision, Kaamos, Defleshed, Deranged...
Some more European DM bands from other countries: Sickening Gore, Myrkskog....

Yes, and America has many many more.

Immolation, Malignancy, Incantation, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Hate Eternal, Obituary, Dim Mak, Ripping Corpse, Death, Aurora Borealis, Atheist, Cynic, Skinless, Cannibal Corpse, Origin, Nile, Dying Fetus, Pig Destroyer, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, and I'll stop there... for America.

Let's not forget Canada.

Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Horde of Worms, Martyr, Abuse, Thorazine, Solus, Fleshfeast, Horfixion, Ghoulunatics, Deamon, Inner Thought and I could go on.

If you look hard enough you can find melodic DM bands like Quo Vadis, Garden of Shadows, Agalloch, Epoch of Unlight, etc. too.

Originally posted by Necros
The metal scence in the USA now sucks. I can't ever remember a time in the last 30+ years when the music scence in USA has been worse.... Nu-metal, mallcore punk, rap what a sad situation.

Just because it's not well known doesn't mean it's not there.
America still has a lot of good bands. Look at all the ones I mentioned in the previous post... and I was sticking to Death Metal bands only for that.

Originally posted by Extreme Deformity
Yes, and America has many many more.

Immolation, Malignancy, Incantation, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Hate Eternal, Obituary, Dim Mak, Ripping Corpse, Death, Aurora Borealis, Atheist, Cynic, Skinless, Cannibal Corpse, Origin, Nile, Dying Fetus, Pig Destroyer, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, and I'll stop there... for America.

Let's not forget Canada.

Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Horde of Worms, Martyr, Abuse, Thorazine, Solus, Fleshfeast, Horfixion, Ghoulunatics, Deamon, Inner Thought and I could go on.

If you look hard enough you can find melodic DM bands like Quo Vadis, Garden of Shadows, Agalloch, Epoch of Unlight, etc. too.

There a lot more also from Europe, but I'm not the DM expert to name them....

I voted USA.

The US produces better brutal death metal, whereas Europe focuses more on the mellower death metal.

Hard to say. European bands have an easier time "making it" and therefore get more exposure. Europe has a lot of good power metal and symphonic/melodic metal right now, but the US has some great bands like Iced Earth and Dream Theater, among others. Don't listen to enough black and death to comment there. I call it a tie.