The Video Game Thread

Picked up FF7 again. lol
Made my way to the Gold Saucer and got the Keystone. What the hell was that thing for again? :lol:

I suppose in a way they are. But it's good that Nintendo are trying to make some decent advances in gaming technology. If Sony could only rip their ideas off properly we might be onto something :lol:

I offer this as my rebuttle.

New genre? Interactive movie genre? I dunno. Looks amazing, and I have it preordered. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
A mate of mine was telling me about this last night:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIbGnBQcJY&feature=related[/ame]

As far as I can tell the first one (the ad style one) is all prospective, thus it's fake, but fake for the point of illustration, not deception. The second one is real shit they've already done. Awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
And so Nintendo has dumbed down gaming, Everyone uses Mii's (or their equivalent), and games are just lame mini game collections, all telling you to get "active".

Isn't that what sports are for? >.>
*sigh*

And so Nintendo has dumbed down gaming, Everyone uses Mii's (or their equivalent), and games are just lame mini game collections, all telling you to get "active".

Isn't that what sports are for? >.>
*sigh*

Well done, you've sucessfully attacked the wrong company. Level down.

Besides which, I know talking to a fictional boy doesn't exactly thrill the pants off you (unless you're into...boys), not to mention you will need both a living room that size and a family that lame to play the kind of games demonstrated in the first video, but the technology in this is fucking outstanding. Best thing I've seen since head tracking.

Besides which, I know talking to a fictional boy doesn't exactly thrill the pants off you (unless you're into...boys), not to mention you will need both a living room that size and a family that lame to play the kind of games demonstrated in the first video, but the technology in this is fucking outstanding. Best thing I've seen since head tracking.

I wanna get me a new monitor with 75hz refresh rate and one of those 3d nvidia kits. They interest me hugely.

:lol:
Natal looks the best out of the three, I'll say that. And we all know Sony's will be the worst. :lol:

Yeah, whatever Sony does is bound to be potentially great, but they'll fuck it up anyway. I think it's a shame head tracking was made by an independent guy and not by Nintendo themselves, chances are we won't be seeing much from it for a long while :(