The Video Game Thread

Which is pretty shocking considering they're the two greatest 2D RPGs in existence. Seriously, the only japanese RPG I've ever played that even touches either of them is Final Fantasy VII.

Speaking of FFVI, update: About 14 hours in, just before the Floating Continent - so I'm just before the end of the World of Balance. Spending some time learning Lores and Rages for Gau and Strago respectively, but it's going to take fucking ages so I may well just use a code to get all of them in one go - which I'd have to do for Gau's Rages anyway since due to a bug, there're a few enemy abilities that you can't learn even though you're supposed to. Fucking bugs.

I can honestly say that I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a long time.

Well, my PS1 days were filled with games that weren't RPG's unfortunately.... :lol:
Crash Team Racing, Tekken 3, Gundam Battle Assault got alot of playing time, and also games like Toy Story etc. I did play the living shit out of Legend of Legaia though, I FUCKING LOVE that game. <3

Legaia was a dreadful RPG. The sequel on PS2 was even worse.

As for FFVI, I'm about 20 hours in now. Recruited Edgar, Sabin, Terra, Setzer and Cyan in the World of Ruin. Massive levelling and treasure hunting AHOY

:eek: :mad:

Shut it you! :lol: The PS2 one..... Doesn't exist to me :lol: , but the first game is one of my favorite games of all time..... I still have it actually.... Haven't played it in years though. I may do that again at some point.

Nah, I'll keep that and sell my $450 of Yu-Gi-Oh cards instead. :lol:

Dead Rising 2 - 8 days
This game is gonna be AWESOME.

So Im like 1 hour and 40 min. into FF7

Just beat Airbuster and he blew up and I just woke up at some flowers beside that girld from before. Airbuster started out kinda hard and I thought he would kick my ass to the moon. But then I got Cloud's limit break and it for some reason did 600+ damege and he was done:p Tifa is a bit behind on te level part but I guess that doesn't matter yet. She kinda sucks anyways (as far as I've seen)

It's is fun and good so I just hope it continious this way!

Has the story been spoiled for you at all? If not, be wary of the internet..... It spoils everything.

I'm gonna pick up an Xbox 360 with my first paycheck, Tekken 6 and FFXIII, here I come! (Yeah, I've heard that FFXIII apparently sucks but I don't care, I wanna give it a go anyway.)

So Im like 1 hour and 40 min. into FF7

Just beat Airbuster and he blew up and I just woke up at some flowers beside that girld from before. Airbuster started out kinda hard and I thought he would kick my ass to the moon. But then I got Cloud's limit break and it for some reason did 600+ damege and he was done:p Tifa is a bit behind on te level part but I guess that doesn't matter yet. She kinda sucks anyways (as far as I've seen)

It's is fun and good so I just hope it continious this way!

Gets so much better bro. As for Tifa, she's a bit shit to start off with but once you get her Lv. 2 limit breaks she starts getting better.

Also, a tip: Try to get Lv.2 limit breaks for every character before you leave Midgar. There're guides to it online but basically;

Lv.1-2: use Limit Lv.1-1 about ten times
Lv.2-1: Kill and absolute shitload of enemies with that character (again, check guides for how many)

It's easier than it looks and it'll give you a massive, MASSIVE advantage earlky on in the game. Bonus points if you manage to get everybody's Lv.3 (or in Aerith's case, Lv.4) limit breaks before the end of disc 1

SHHHHHHHHHHH :lol:

If there's any help you need mate - locations of items, how to do certain quests, recommended levels etc. - then just ask me.

One word or advice - level up atevery opportunity. Yeah you may not be able to progress for a few hours, but it's worth it for the exp and gil.

SHHHHHHHHHHH :lol:

If there's any help you need mate - locations of items, how to do certain quests, recommended levels etc. - then just ask me.

One word or advice - level up atevery opportunity. Yeah you may not be able to progress for a few hours, but it's worth it for the exp and gil.

Thanks bro! That may come in handy:)

3 h. 48 min. in now.

On the way up some tower to help Berret. Clouds at level 11 and Tifa at 9. I'm guessing I'm up for an epic fight since the awezome battleusic is playing:devil: