The Video Game Thread

I mean, the music was good I guess..... But it just wasn't Final Fantasy music in my opinion. Then again, almost NOTHING in that game was Final Fantasy soooo..... I guess it kinda fits. :lol:

Hahaha i just read something about Final Fantasy IX which justifies my 'not-going-to-get-a-perfect-game' ness

Anyone who's ever played the game knows that in order to get Steiner's ultimate weapon Excalibur II, you need to reach Lich's lair in Memoria on disc 4 within 12 hours, right? Well that's literally impossible to do on the PAL version due to the cut framerate. Because the PAL game runs at 50 Hz and the NTSC at 60 Hz, but the game clock runs at the same speed in both, it is simply possible to get more done in the 12 hours on NTSC. A PAL run gets the equivalent of 5/6 the time an NTSC run does, or 10 hours; if it were possible to complete this run in 10 hours under NTSC, it would be achievable in 12 hours under PAL. The NTSC record is believed to stand at 10.5 hours - this run, if duplicated, on PAL would take 12.6 hours

So basically, the only way I can get Excalibur II is by cheating. Which I'm fine with.

Haha. well thats lame. The fact that its impossible to get I mean.

Anyone see this trailer? Seriously one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

No, not anything in recent memory. :lol:

Exactly.

I spent like two hours earlier killing Tonberries in FF8, trying to get Tonberry King, but the bastard won't show up! :mad:

You have to kill 20 of them without exiting the ruins. It also helps massively if you have Odin first, do that.

For some bizarre reason I'm starting to consider giving Final Fantasy XII another go - apparently the superboss Yiazmat has over 50 million HP, which if I'm honest, is a challenge I really fancy trying my hand at. Problem is that there's a good reason I don't own FFXII anymore (protip: I thought it sucked) but maybe I'll pick it up again and we'll see if my feelings are any different on it?

Haha. well thats lame. The fact that its impossible to get I mean.

Anyone see this trailer? Seriously one of the scariest things I've ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5yyWZ2Z6Ps

Thoughts?

north_korea_is_best_korea_RE_10_weirdest_things_about_the_world_cup_so_far-s730x537-70876.jpg

It kinda made me lol, even a "unified Korea" would never dare to challenge the US, I don't see why they'd want to anyway, it's not as if the US has much to offer (little natural resources etc), so you can sleep with ease tonight. But the other stuff in that video, such as economic turmoil and fuel shortages, that's quite likely.

You have to kill 20 of them without exiting the ruins. It also helps massively if you have Odin first, do that.

For some bizarre reason I'm starting to consider giving Final Fantasy XII another go - apparently the superboss Yiazmat has over 50 million HP, which if I'm honest, is a challenge I really fancy trying my hand at. Problem is that there's a good reason I don't own FFXII anymore (protip: I thought it sucked) but maybe I'll pick it up again and we'll see if my feelings are any different on it?

According to the internet, its just 20 total...... And I've killed like 24 :mad: Also, Odin gets replaced by Gilgamesh on Disc 4 apparently? I'll get him first, THEN Odin. :D

As for 12, yes, Yiazmat DOES have 50 million HP. I've tried. He regains health when you leave though. Yes you WILL have to leave to resupply. 99 of things isn't enough. He's the final hunt though, so it may take a while to unlock his mission...

Sometimes it can vary - on occasion you might fight Master Tonberry after only 15 battles, others it could be 30.

I'd highly, HIGHLY recommend getting Odin before you get Tonberry King. It can make Tonberry slaughtering a bit quicker if your luck is high enough.

FFIX update: 19 hours in, just got Amarant. Win.

Almost done with Ninja Gaiden Sigma..... One playthrough is good enough for me I think. TRADE IN IMMINENT.

:lol:

I was asked to join a MAG clan, so I did. Later he asked me to check the clan's forums, and talk to the other 30 something members. I was like :guh: :lol:. I think I'll leave when I get back on that game.

Almost done with disc 2 of FF8. Just gotta find the god damn auditorium...

I got him while I was wandering about. After the first time I used him, he became my best friend. :D