The Video Game Thread

Downloaded Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Im not a fan of the comics or whatever. But its an 8 bit kinda game with 8 bit music with 4 player coop, beat em up style, with leveling, several moves, etc. The premise is just a joke but its good fun. Im just glad people still cherish this style of gaming like me.

Heres the trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone seems to be on about that movie/game at the moment..... Maybe I should give the demo a try.

Also, Red Dead Double Experience weekend is over :(

Fuck yeah, just scored a gentleman's 35-5 on MW2. Thought I'd try a different killstreak setup. Predator missile, Harrier Airstrike, Chopper Gunner.
Silenced ACR with Ninja Pro, Steady Aim Pro and Cold-blooded Pro.
So basically I'm invisible with a good range, so I just camped at one spot where so many people seem to be rushing through (bridge at "Invasion"), few shotgun kills here and there, booyah.
:D

Got Star Wars : The Force Unleashed today. Lets see how this is.... The demo was awesome, but for some reason I waited till it was $20 to get it. :lol:

Also, I'm at the Missile Base in FF8. Amazing game so far.

Greeeaat. :lol:
My party's levels are scattered as hell too...
Squall - 29ish
Zell - 17ish
Rinoa - 21ish
Irvine - 21ish
Selphie - 16ish
Quistis - 18ish

I think I should probably grind/draw for a bit before heading in huh?

Definitely. I'm guessing you haven't got everyone with 9999HP either?

Update: I'm 42 and a half hours into Final Fantasy VII. Spent most of my time levelling up my materia in the Northern Cave, just trying for a black chocobo for the time being (I need a female one and it keeps giving me male chocobos FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-). Everyone bar Yuffie and Vincent has their Lv.4 Limit Breaks learnt, most characters are just under level 70 bar Cloud who's up to 80 now. Still got to do the Ancient Forest - which I fucking hate doing - still need to defeat Ruby and Emerald weapons (not going to happen for awhile I think) and I need to go back to Cosmo Canyon to get Red XIII's ultimate weapon. As for the rest, I'm pretty much dne - just got a few more Enemy Skills to get and some power levelling to do until I'm done.

Noooo..... Most are around 1000 :lol: And Missile Base was easy. Now I'm at the bottom of Balamb Garden, looking for a way to activate the shelter. The scene when Selphie's party "Died" was amazing! I was sad :(
:lol:

Oh dear haha

Update: About 45 hours in now. Vincent and Yuffie have their Lv.4 Limit Breaks, I've successfully bred a gold chocobo after hours of rage, obtained the Knights of the Round materia, obtained the Final Attack materia from the Battle Square, now power levelling my materia in the Northern Crater again. Once I've mastered the remaining few magic materia (four left to go, and even those are duplicates) then I'll head to Cosmo Canyon to get myself some Master Magic materia and Red XIII's ultimate weapon, then I'll probably chew the fat and go off to do the Ancient Forest quest. Which, as stated, I fucking hate doing. After that, probably just train everyone up to Lv.99, master the rest of my materia and get at least two more sets of Master materia, finish off my four Enemy Skill materia, race chocobos some more (I still need to get the Sneak Attack materia from those fucking S class races and buy the Exp Plus materia from the Wonder Square too) and kick the shit out of Emerald and Ruby until I'm pretty much done. I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but I reckon I'm looking at another 30 hours of gameplay - mostly just for the levelling - until I'm done. It feels weird having a save file this complete.

Exactly. :lol:

Beat Star Wars : The Force Unleashed by some miracle last night..... Not impressed. Oh, did I mention that the game is like 5 hours long?

thrasher how long did it take you to beat the bloody FF8 boss. what weopons and defense did you use. Is the ending good? I wooped FF9 and 10 to death. FF7 my memory card magically erased when I got to the last boss and I never returned since.

Ultimecia in Final Fantasy VIII? Bloody hell, usually only takes about tento fifteen minutes to beat all four bosses usually. MANDATORY requirements are;

- Have Squall, Zell and Irvine as your main party members
- Everyone at Lv.100
- All ultimate weapons and limit breaks (Lionheart is pretty much crucial for winning)
- Have everyone's battle windows set up for Attack, Magic, Draw and Item - having the Guardian Force command enabled is utterly pointless
- Junction everyone to have high HP, luck and status defences

Ultimecia and Griever are pretty easy, though Griever's Shockwave Pulsar can sting a bit so it helps a lot to have some Heros/Holy Wars stocked. Griever/Ultimecia Junctioned is a bit tougher but ultimately pretty easy so long as you keep attacking - it's Final Ultimecia that's the bitch. Megalixers and Holy Wars willhave to be at the fucking ready here, keep casting Aura on Squall and use Renzokuken and Lionheart at every opportunity, cast Aura on Irvine and Zell too (use Irvine's Fast Ammo - with high ATK stats he can deal up to 20,000HP damage in one limit break). Frankly, I've always found it to be easy because I spent ages stocking up on items - my save files has 100 of nearly everything.

Anyway, UPDATE!

I'm 51 hours into Final Fantasy VII now, and errr.... I think I might be jesus. I beat Emerald Weapon with very little trouble with most of my characters (except Cloud) just over level 70and with very little materia equipped. To top that off, I forgot to equip the Underwater materia so I had to finish him off within the 20 minute time limit... managed it in just over 15 minutes. Follow that up with defeating Ruby Weapon almost directly afterwards exceptionally quickly (literally within about ten minutes, tops) and you have one of my biggest WTF moments. Finished the Ancient Forest quest (thank fuck), mastered two out of four Enemy Skill materia, got my rewards for beating Emerald and Ruby from the old man in Kalm, finished the chocobo races and won the S class winner's bundle, enough GP to buy the EXP Plus materia and - for the first time ever - I got the Sneak Attack materia too. Fought the Special Battle in the Battle Arena a few more times so I've obtained Dio's Autograph and Dio's Combat Diary too, though I think there's one more item to get from there.

So basically... all I have to do now is hunt down three more Enemy Skills (both remaining materia need Chocobuckle, one needs Aqualung and the other needs Shadow Flare), level up my characters to lv.99, max out all of my materia until I have eight full sets of Master Materia (so far, I only have one set and an extra Master Magic - so I need 6 full sets plus one Master Command and one Master Summon) and then, well... beat Jenova Syntesis, Bizarro Sephiroth and Safer Sephiroth at the Planet's Core and then I'm finished.

I'm surprised I've done this so fucking quickly

What about getting Aerith to level 99?

Anyone else excited for Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep? :D
It comes out while I'm gonna be on vacation..... Oh well! I'll buy it anyway! :D

Bar that, everything is complete. Getting Aerith to Level 99 would have quadrupled my playing time at minimum, and frankly I don't have that much time to spend levelling up a character I'd only have for another few hours of gameplay at most.

I WOULD have used an EXP gain chat code if I could have found one that worked. That aside, I'm rather pleased with this.