The Video Game Thread

FFII sucked if you ask me.

Update: Gone onto disc 2, made an extra save file to be safe - managed to get Aerith to level 52 until I went 'fuck it, I've been playing for 21 hours and this is going to tae another 40 at this rate'. I saved just before Temple of the Ancients though so I may well try and level her to 99 on that file eventually, but.... yeah. Not now.

I'll fucking tell you something though, I got 1.5 million gil from all those random encunters though - 99 Hi-Potions, Tents, Ethers and Remedies? Yes please :D

Yup, that sums up Call of Duty in a nutshell.

Rachet and Clank : Tools of Destruction was from like 07 right? I played the demo and thought it was pretty cool, never played Ratchet and Clank before that.
Nah :eek: I'm actually getting better, get a really nice score a few times today (27-13 and the likes).

I have no idea haha. They started off with Ratchet & Clank 1, then 2, then 3, and then they stopped numbering so I have no clue. :dopey:

Final Fantasy VI is fucking amazing but some parts near the end can really piss me off. That Phoenix Cave is a bitch if you're not levelled high enough.

Update: 24 hours in. Just escaped from the Junon execution, completed the Pagoda quest with Yuffie and now I have Trine on all four of my Enemy Skill materias, which is a bloody relief. Already been to Mideel and stocked up on new armours, weapons and items but I haven't seen Cloud yet - first I'm going to get Tifa's lv.4 limit break (along with an Elemental matera, since she's the leader of my party), steal/morph a bunch of monsters to gain some items and maybe breed some Chocobos. Not doing bad so far, though I'd still be stuck on disc one if I'd decided to level Aerith more.

I like FF6 over FF7, although 7 brings more nostalgic memories to me since it was the first FF I played. But I always get annoyed over how Sephiroth is such a crybaby, whereas Kefka is just pure evil.

Yeah, Sephiroth did annoy me at some points, but his Super Nova attack made me shut up real quick. :lol:

6 hours or so into FF8 and I LOVE IT. I just got past the part with Laguna, Ward and Kiros after your party falls asleep on the train to Timber. Laguna is awesome. :lol:
And EVERYTHING involving the train switch was annoying. :lol: Now I'm looking for a TV station or something....

Problem is that both Kefka and Sephiroth are shit final bosses. I think I've only ever had trouble with Sephiroth on my first ever playthrough and Kefka has always been an absolute pushover.

Update: About 30 hours in now, in the Midgar Underground on Disc 2 but I need to restart from my last save point - which is just before the Diamond Weapon battle - because I forgot to get Cid's Flayer weapon from the Gold Saucer's Speed Square. You can only get it on Disc 2, I'm kicking myself over it because I don't think I've ever forgotten to retrieve it on any previous playthroughs. So that's the last hour or so of playing pretty much wasted, fuck.

EDIT: Got it, it took a fucking while though. Never want to go through that Speed Square shit again - fought Ultima Weapon too for some shits and giggles. Next, back to the Midgar Underground

Update: On to Disc 3 now and the W-Item glitch has been well and truely exploited :D So now I have to steal from/morph a bunch of monsters for items, breed chocobos, raid the materia caves, get the exclusive Chocobo racing items, get everyone's remaining ultimate weapons and limit break manuals, get everbody to level 99 and finish off all my Enemy Skill materia.

I've not entured into he Northern Crater yet because I plan on executing the Mystile glitch, which can be a bit easy to cock up so I'll get on th northern crater stuff at the very end. Playtime so far is about 32:20

Update: 34 hours in. Obtained Omnislash from the Battle Square, caught two chocobos - a wonderful and a good one, the former of which I've raced to A class - currently hunting for Enemy Skills. This is going to take a long fucking time to finish but fuck it, I'm close.

Oh great...... Well, thanks for the warning. :lol:

I'm heading to Deling City to kill the "Sorceress" at the moment. Irvine and I will not get along, I can tell. :lol:

Bullshit! Ultimecia can be difficult but I've never lost to her.

Update: Beaten Ultima Weapon, still trying to get a coloured chocobo. Ventured a little bit into the Northern Cave just to get some Enemy Skills. Current playtime clocking in at about 35 hours.

I find that hard to believe unless you have some secret weopon, or defense method. I have beat most of the Final Fantasy games by myself without the help of guides, and the internet. It's no secret that the boss in FF8 is an asshole.

I always thought the "Super secret and impossible bosses that will kill you in one hit unless you're level one hundred......... and five" were stupid. *shrug*

Depends what the reward is. Omega Weapon in FFVIII is a bstard because all you get is a little notice in the tutorial section saying you've beaten it - but some superbosses like Ruby and Emerald Weapons give you some awesome shit. Most of the (admittedly shitty) Gameboy Advance ports of FFIV, FFV and FFVI have extra superbosses and added stuff for beating them (e.g. FFVI has stuff like Ragnarok, Ultima Weapon etc.) whereas any of the superbosses from the SNES versions gave you either something shit or nothing at all.

It's mostly just for the satisfaction of being able to piss on a really, really fucking tough boss. Shame that everything in FFVII is a complete pushover if you're levelled high enough though.

Speaking of which, UPDATE! Gotten to the end of the Northern Cave and saved there, got a Mountain Chocobo so I'll be going to some of the materia caves soon. Everyone's still at a stupidly low level for this point in the game (averaging between lv.54 and lv. 68, what the fuck?) so some major levelling will have to take place before too long. First and foremost, getting this chocobo malarky out of the way. God I fucking hate chocobo breeding.

You could breed chocobos in that game? Huh..... Never knew that. I just did the story pretty much, didn't get many extras.