The Video Game Thread

I grew up with my Sega Genesis, PS1 and PS2. I've never owned a Nintendo system except for my GBA SP (Which I only bought for FF1/2, 4, 5 and Kingdom Hearts : Chain of Memories) :lol:

Never played either.
90% of my childhood was Super Metroid, and 10% other random Super Nintendo games.
Am I the only one who ever played this?
mjchaos.jpg

Used to scare the fuck out of me.

Gawd, I'm old - listening to you guys talk about your childhood game systems...

FTW - ATARI 2600!!! Downright caveman by you youngster standards, but was cutting edge back in the day. You just had to accept the fact that the same sprite did multiple duty as 17 different things: ball, tank, car, bullet, robot, plane, alien, etc...haha. Intelivision and the 5200 came out shortly afterwards, but didn't get those...

Followed by the original NES system in 1986 (X-mas kicked ass that year) with Super Mario Bros., Excitebike, Metroid (cool avatar, thatguy), Rush 'n Attack, Ikari Warriors, and my personal fav Blaster Master, etc... Some awesome games that certainly don't stand the test of time in terms of graphics, but they were almost always a blast to play.

Younger brother later got a Genesis (woah, step up!), although the only games I remember playing were Sonic and Road Rash (both fun).

The original PS was awesome - was a good friend during college and beyond - Gran Turismo, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, etc...ah the memories.

My then gf/now wife got me a PS2 in the madness right after it came out - she still refuses to tell me just how much she paid for it :D That was about a decade ago(?)...

Got a Wii about 2 years ago which gets played once in a great while - usually the latest Super Mario Bros where my 3-year old son is quickly becoming better at it than me...:yow: Have thought about getting a PS3 or Xbox 360 for years now, but real life keeps rudely intervening...

Going online occasionally to play the original Halo (usually Race) is about the extent of my PC gaming, although I did play a lot of Command & Conquer along with Unreal Tournament back in the day...

Enjoy your childhood gaming while you can kiddies...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I hope they change their mind or something, it just looks plain bad.

You watch, there'll be a twist of some sort and it'll be like... Dante's evil half or some shit.

The reason they made Dante the way he was is because he's the epitome of a hero - Red is the colour of heroes in Japan and apparently, smoking isn't cool there either. hence why Dante never smoked. Also notice that the dickhead in the trailer has spiked black hair, much the opposite of Dante so....