The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Speaking of Amoeba, maybe I shouldn't be sharing this with potential competition, but...

Amoeba Hollywood just acquired a collection of 1,000+ metal CDs, including death metal, grind, thrash,power metal, and '80s/heavy/hair metal. Many of these titles are hard to find, long out of print, and original issues, but they are in great shape (many are still sealed!). We are unveiling this awesomely heavy collection on Friday, December 1st and it will be available for one day only! Look for it on the stage starting at 10:30am.
MetalCollectionPoster.jpg

I'll be racing over there straight after work.

Does anybody have any cassette tapes they'd like to sell? I remember someone saying they had a tape copy of Old Lady Drivers that they'd sell maybe.

Let me know.

I'm not a vinyl collector, but my die-hard purple Master's Hammer set is probably the most valuable that I own. I don't know what it's worth, but it's the rarest thing that I have.

Surely it has additional value because Dodens Grav bought it for me without me consenting to giving him my address.

Mine is this.

https://www.discogs.com/Deathspell-Omega-Untitled/release/3705511

DsO.jpg

Actually, now that I just figured out how to do it, heres my top ten.

1. DsO Box
2. The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal blue vinyl (lol)
3. Oranssi Pazuzu - Muukalainen Puhuu first press on svart w/ glow in the dark jacket
4. Sacred Blade - Of the Sun + Moon cd (bought this from the guy that owns shadow kingdom for $10)
5. Pagan Altar - Judgement of the Dead white vinyl on Buried by Time and Dust
6. Grave Digger - Limited Edition 5 vinyl set
7. Kvelertak - s/t on crazy green starburst vinyl
8. Hell - MMXVI cd box set
9. Peste Noire - s/t cd
10. Portal - Vexovoid blue/black marbled vinyl

All of those have sold for $90+

Also I own this, which only two other people on discogs own and is one of my favorite records in my collection

https://www.discogs.com/Hooded-Menace-Never-Cross-The-Dead/release/10261375

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I'm not a vinyl collector, but my die-hard purple Master's Hammer set is probably the most valuable that I own. I don't know what it's worth, but it's the rarest thing that I have.

Surely it has additional value because Dodens Grav bought it for me without me consenting to giving him my address.
you should do the right thing and just send it back. Or better yet, just send it to one of us.

@crimsonfloyd hey man, where you at Amoeba today?

i saw some guy there who i thought kind of looked like you.

When did they change up where the "extreme metal" section is? It was never all the way on the right side like it was today.

It's only been a few months. Did they keep the rare thrash CDs in store? Last time I was there they had first editions of Darkness Descends, Forbidden Evil, Holy Terror, etc.