The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

It's only been a few months. Did they keep the rare thrash CDs in store? Last time I was there they had first editions of Darkness Descends, Forbidden Evil, Holy Terror, etc.
yeah they had a few on the shelves for about $25-30 each. Neither of the three you mentioned were still there though. I ended up walking out empty handed and kind of angry. Its like the prices keep getting higher every time i step in there. I can find everything i was interested in yesterday for much cheaper online.

Based on what I see, they usually base their prices on rare/out of print items on the cheapest listing for the item on discogs.com. Overall, I find them competitive. That said, I find it depends on the day. Some days I’ll have to cap myself at $100 because there’s so much I want, and other days I struggle to find a single album worth buying.

Based on what I see, they usually base their prices on rare/out of print items on the cheapest listing for the item on discogs.com.

I've been going there my whole life and that hasn't been the case their for at least the last 10 or so years. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough though. That being said, i have lucked out before with OOP original pressings, but everything pointed to them just fucking up on the pricing.

I decided to go down there and see if maybe i'd luck out and find some of the albums i was looking for at the same price at least. But nope, that place is getting worse and worse with their prices. Why would i pay $27 for a vinyl that i can get from amazon for $13-15?

edit: well i did see a green pressing of Testament's The Legacy For $22 and i cant seem to find it anywhere online for under $20. Probably should have picked that one up

Some days I’ll have to cap myself at $100 because there’s so much I want, and other days I struggle to find a single album worth buying.

That's funny. My rule has always been to never go over $100 when walking in a record store. But yeah, you know how it can get sometimes :lol:

Last edited:
@no country for old wainds you likey?
2WyscvQ.jpg

Gdt39ym.jpg

Beautiful piece, dont why the pics came out so blurry though. Twas only $8

im thinking about it too, but everyone is trashing it and i wasn't too impressed with what i heard on youtube. But i'm still thinking about pulling the trigger since its $11. I remember a few of you guys always talking about that band(or talking shit i cant remember), so i thought id mention it.

Tbh I’ve been trying to “get” Virgin Steele for years and idk if it’ll ever click. I have a bunch of their albums already and it’s something I should like but I usually don’t.

But for $11, I don’t really care, fuck I blind buy shitty black metal cassettes for that much sometimes.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Ha, yeah I let stuff sit in my cart until it eventually sells out then im like, well, made my decision for me.