The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

That website had a pretty decent and eclectic selection, but those prices though.... :erk:

Not sure Im willing to pay that much for the new UA right now, but thanks for the link bro.

Vinyl does sound better, but it requires more care to maintain and they can become worn out after extensive play. They're amazing as long as you don't wreck them.

^ Most definitely. I just started collecting a few cassettes too.

CD's generally sound better than vinyl cause most people dont dump a buttload of cash on a sick setup like I did. Theyre easier to maintain, take up less space, cost less and sound good.

Even still, vinyl all the way for me.

I got the Midnight mirror waiting for me at my house, btw. Pics coming soon.

I don't know that CDs sound better than vinyl if in both situations you're packing a baller setup and I personally feel like it matters what styles of music you mostly listen to.

Picked up some vinyl my dad was throwing away:

image_zpst3yabux0.jpg

The one on the left looked funny to me, and wanted to hear how orchestral music sounded on vinyl

image_zpsyladnqvh.jpg

image_zps6olbmdsr.jpg

image_zps7ro9yknn.jpg

image_zpspcaxf3l1.jpg

image_zpslrie0cc1.jpg

Now metal. some cds. Serpent - Ablation, Scythian - Hubris in Excelsis, Swarp - Omines Pestilentiae, Death Karma - The history of Death and Burials Part 1, Mortuary Drape
image_zpsrep55puw.jpg

Some sick jams on those records! Especially MJ's THRILLER. So legit.

20BuckSpin added some sweet Vinyl to their distro, including a Whore of Bethlehem repress.

I planned on hitting some record stores this weekend, and this is perfect timing because one of the spots on my list was Vacation Vinyl, where 20BuckSpin operates out of. This weekend is gonna rule.

Agonia Records has the Aosoth's new EP on Pre-Order, but it costs more to ship than it does for the record...

If anyone sees a US distro putting these out, please update the thread!

I'll let you know if I see it but the only distro I know that stocks Agonia is Ominous Domain and his vinyl is usually pretty expensive.

Some vinyls I've bought while my absence from the forum. The Morbid Angel is an old one but just wanted to brag that I got it signed when I saw MA back in 2014. Still waiting on '...And Justice For All' though. The freaking store is 3 months late with it now.

2F8D3FE7-A6C7-4247-876F-D95EFCBFC294_zpskzbxpr8h.jpg

1C71C02A-A19F-4B50-9664-EC7120284CD4_zps6msogxxc.jpg

6F091D01-B9D3-42B3-9428-A0D97F338562_zpsey8ouxsh.jpg