The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

What do you guys use to hunt down your vinyls?

Besides checking label websites, I use Discogs and Ebay...Used to use CDandLP but that shit is way too exspensive now...Discogs is getting exspensive too, I need to find more means to find shit...

Hells headbangers, shadow kingdom, planet metal, robotic empire... A few others.

What do you guys use to hunt down your vinyls?

Besides checking label websites, I use Discogs and Ebay...Used to use CDandLP but that shit is way too exspensive now...Discogs is getting exspensive too, I need to find more means to find shit...

What Krow listed,but another note on Blood Music.

Aside from checking those sites, if you do use social media make sure to follow any of them on said mediums so if you happen to not be searching said info still floats your way whilst randomly browsing updates.

Sooo... Earache is reissuing Vektor's albums. On picture vinyl, too.

VEKTOR-MOSH464LP_Mock.jpg

http://earache.com/uswebstore/product_info.php/products_id/1362?osCsid=r4selk19au0dsh3o931g310as1

New cover art for Outer Isolation:
vektor_outer_spread.jpg

Prefer the old myself but hey.

Hells headbangers, shadow kingdom, planet metal, robotic empire... A few others.

Dark Descent, The Crypt, GEMM ...

But yeah, Discogs is pretty fucking awesome. You add what albums you want (in what format & the specific pressing if you like) and when one comes up for sale you get an e-mail notification.

Vinyl set up questions...

Im upgrading my vinyl setup and am having a hard time trying to figure a few things out...

Just bought a new pair of headphones and would like to listen to them on this turntable: Audio Technica-LP120

Now, it has a pre-amp built in, but the audio is low because the signal out of the turntable is at preamplified line level and my headphones dont have a volume control.

Heres where my question comes in...Would a amp like the Fiio E7 or E11 be compatible with my turntable and give me the extra punch I need?

This is why I use a stereo after the pre-amp and just plug in there for headphones. You would likely be better off asking for people familiar with your hardware on a turntable forum, etc.

Can usually get pretty sound first hand experience on here.

I came across a pair of Stantons at a thrift store for 5 dollars. Took em. They crackle like the world is coming to an end if you plug em into anything of the smaller variety, but sound amazing with my record set up, if a TAD quiet for my liking, the dynamics are insane.

Vinyl set up questions...

Im upgrading my vinyl setup and am having a hard time trying to figure a few things out...

Just bought a new pair of headphones and would like to listen to them on this turntable: Audio Technica-LP120

Now, it has a pre-amp built in, but the audio is low because the signal out of the turntable is at preamplified line level and my headphones dont have a volume control.

Heres where my question comes in...Would a amp like the Fiio E7 or E11 be compatible with my turntable and give me the extra punch I need?

In case the issue comes up for people in the future...

A headphone amp should work with that set up. Just plug the amp into the TT via the phono socket. Once I get the amp in ill verigy that all this is for sure, but sounds like its a match.

Grabbed a copy of The Grotesquery - Tales of the Coffin Born from relapse records discount stuff. $7.50. Fucking awesome.

Grabbed a copy of The Grotesquery - Tales of the Coffin Born from relapse records discount stuff. $7.50. Fucking awesome.

This band is underrated. Putting out some of the best modern death metal available. The last album (still can't remember the title - something about terrifying facts of Mason Raymond?) is so fucking awesome.

@Avigrus: Yeah The Grotesquery is great. I like Tales of the Coffin Born better than the most recent but they both kick ass.

Grabbed some clearanced Kylesa stuff.
Static Tensions on seafoam green vinyl
Time Will Fuse Its Worth on red
To Walk a Middle Course on clear

Might have to upload pics when I get them. I love end of the year clearances.

Nwn sale getting bigger. 40% off everything until the 27th. Most vinyls are less than $15 each there now. Picked up both Ignivomous vinyls, contragenesis die hard and death transmutation pic disk with outer cover for 20+shipping.