The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Wow what a story, a guy lost 1,600 records while moving, if that ever happened to me many people would die http://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2012/apr/22/vinyl-records-lost-ed-vulliamy

well, My first 2 records ever have finally arrived

1) 2LP Turisas - Stand Up And Fight
2) 2LP Equilibrium - Sagas (Ltd. #566/1000)

Both are black so nothing too special to see inside

I have 9 more on the way :)

XWGwHKb.jpg

9hpQVfW.jpg

edit: Sorry apple and their stupid rotation tags for photos on the iphone

So I bought a copy of Conan - Monnos from the French season of mist store a while back. (Ended up being like $28 total) It ended up being the mega rare gold marble version, limited to 100, the most expensive copy sold on discogs went for $89+ship!!! Will post pictures of it sometime.

F6A8309D-A65E-4825-9FA0-C03D5DC3D999_zpshnb1snqy.jpg

Bought directly from Emma @ Last night's show with Earth and Deafheaven. Shes such a fucking babe <3

No fucking lyric sheet, though. I hate it when that happens :erk:

Well I see Metal Blade has released the second part of that Cattle Decapitation set. Humanure for 26.99. It's a double lp and the only music on the second lp is the outro. :lol: man they never cease to amaze. Two albums in, if you bought the stupid box, youve paid $20+10+27+shipping. I paid less than $100 for my DSO boxset direct from a distro, mind you.

Just picked up:
Obituary - Frozen In Time.
Lord Belial - Enter the Moonlight Gate blue with black splatter limited to 250 copies.
Death - Symbolic [first press].

Waiting on a few more so pic will probably come with the rest.

Well I see Metal Blade has released the second part of that Cattle Decapitation set. Humanure for 26.99. It's a double lp and the only music on the second lp is the outro. :lol: man they never cease to amaze. Two albums in, if you bought the stupid box, youve paid $20+10+27+shipping. I paid less than $100 for my DSO boxset direct from a distro, mind you.

More and more I feel like Metal Blade is just become a shit label. Not the bands on them necessarily, but just the people running it.

Just ordered Woods of Desolation's newest on a purple/pink vinyl. Interesting color, but it was the most rare copy available. Gold wouldve been sick, but it was long sold out. Stoked for this one.

Hey guys, got my second shipment! here they are:

Soilwork - The Living Infinite (Clear/Gold splatter)
Syh2RIr.jpg

Wintersun - Time I (White/Black Marble) 2013 Re-issue Ltd to 250
N4Tvnq6.jpg

Wintersun - Wintersun (White/Blue Marble) 2013 Re-issue Ltd to 250
HjSx88E.jpg

I have heard problems with some marble reissue vinyls using old wax offcuts or something and not sounding as good, is this actually true?

Carcass - Surgical Steel (Clear/Black Splatter) Ltd 750
KSWptT7.jpg

It is not really a rare colour but I chose it as I like to have the vinyl colour match the sleeve colour. The green was more limited with only 100 copies but couldnt stand the thought of a green flouro vinyl in a silver sleeve does anyone else do this?

I also have a bit of a problem with bands like this, they release 50 different colours to different labels and limit each colour to something like 200 or so, that means you end up with a thousands and thousands of "limited edition" vinyls if you count them all together, it really kind of defeats the purpose of limited edition.

Also ordered some others that haven't arrived

Metalocalypse Dethklok - Dethalbum I, II and III (Etched and picture vinyls) and Enslaved - Riitiir (bone/charcoal Splatter)I'm sure you all know what those looks like

Kalmah - The Black Waltz (Black/white swirl) Ltd to 200
RoEBt6H.jpg

Beyond Creation - The Aura (Green/white Swirl) Ltd to 250
kcFnZjl.jpg

I just missed out on preorders for these last 2 but i was lucky and found only one of each for resale, I picked them up faster then you could drop a hot pan (even though they cost 2x the original price :bah: )

Inferi - The Path of the Apotheosis (Brimstone/Fire (Orange/black) Splatter) Ltd to 100 and they are all autographed!
0RAqx75.jpg

If you like techdeath metal I would suggest you get in really quick and get this, they said they'll never reissue them, it's an absolutely breathtaking album. not very well known band and very underrated

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I'm looking for "Ne Obliviscaris - Portal of I" vinyl in colour I'm willing to pay a lot for this and I've searched everywhere for it for a and they sold out a long time ago.

Does anyone know of any place I might be able to obtain one?
neo-poi-small.jpg

Just keep checking discogs and eBay, thats a blood music release and they are ridiculously limited.

that's what I thought, thanks

Wow, that limited? I feel so lucky to have Kalmah and Beyond Creation. If anyone wants my copy they'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands :)

Also seeing what you said about the Cattle Decapition box set I'm actually real glad I didn't bother to get it.

Really enjoying my turntable! Thanks Matt for the recommendation of AudioTechnica. Still awaiting speakers and amp, but put this together last week and been digging into the vinyl i've been sitting on for awhile, which includes Dawnbringer, Earthless/Heavy Blanket split, and Agalloch (just got that one) and just ordered a few more. My setup is pretty terrible right now but here's the best i could do for now:

Now i know this is probably a no-no, but couldn't wait any longer
82b976ed-fecf-412c-a1ec-14637bede8be_zps8b51b62b.jpg

and only because am totally in love with this album art.
8bb45442-20eb-4810-b155-0632e7e89f33_zpsc20a996f.jpg

Thanks man! :kickass:

Dude that split is awesome. It takes two guys from Earthless and two guys from Heavy Blanket and its this awesome jam session. Wanted the purple limited edition but couldn't order it fast enough, but this one is still pretty sweet and it's yellow and my first colored vinyl.

I go for black and avoid picture discs these days, because it sounds better. I still like my Awaken the Guardian picture disc because of the novelty. It doesn't sound too bad anyway. Having said all that, I don't really buy physical music anymore. Can't justify it. If I get a better job I might start collecting vinyl again though.

yeah, I have nearly 800 records and a couple hundred CDs. I am finding difficulty listening to everything that I have acquired.

So I am going on hiatus for buying vinyl. I have two items preordered and those will be it for a while.

I really would like to shoot for a year without buying any music and see what happens. A chance to dig into what I already own.