The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

That Agalloch vinyl is beautiful dude. Good score.

Last night I fucking broke my needle. God damnit.

Good thing I have my old cartridge, but fuck man...Shit sucks.

Thanks for the notice on Agalloch. I ordered it.
Also if anyone cares Amazon has for preorder Annihilation of the Wicked for $14.97 will probably be black but for the price I can deal.

The latest colored vinyl edition of PALLBEARER’s “Foundations Of Burden” 2xLP comes in a limited red/blue two-sided bleed vinyl edition, spot gloss gatefold jacket with art by Animetalphysical, a printed insert, a download card, all packaged in a protective polybag. This colored edition limited to 500 units.

Just bought this. Fuck yes.

Thanks for the notice on Agalloch. I ordered it.
Also if anyone cares Amazon has for preorder Annihilation of the Wicked for $14.97 will probably be black but for the price I can deal.

I just like my colored vinyl. If it's album from the eighties or older it always looks good on black though.

I try to keep you guys posted on cool metal wax being released :cool:

First pressings I own. Thought the Nocturnus copies I have were first pressings but they aren't. Not happy about that.

Had time today since it is snowing buckets and I'm unable to go anywhere:

20150221_141813_zpsrdzip7ni.jpg

20150221_141641_zpsg1pqbp7m.jpg

Sorry the quality isn't great. I don't have a steady hand.

Not sure what you mean by a scuff mark, but if the scratch isnt deep enough that the needle lifts and skips, I dont see why it would be an issue.

If its a smudge get some record cleaner and clean it off. Id recommend Wood glue. Pretty fun to peel off. Reminds me of being a kid and peeling glue off my hands after it dried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you mean by a scuff mark, but if the scratch isnt deep enough that the needle lifts and skips, I dont see why it would be an issue.

If its a smudge get some record cleaner and clean it off. Id recommend Wood glue. Pretty fun to peel off. Reminds me of being a kid and peeling glue off my hands after it dried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gyvipBs6Vs

Definitely not scratches, just scuffs. I've seen them on quite a few new vinyl ... maybe from the inner sleeve? Maybe its sludge, would something like an lcd cleaner/spray work? Is there any chance i can fuck my records up with the wood glue?

@MP: :kickass: I've got that Brutality album on vinyl too but im not sure if it's a first pressing or not.

Im sure its not something you should be using every time you bust out your records, but when you shit gets caked on with dust/smudges etc. this works well. Ive tried, (mainly on shit IVe bought at garage sales and used record stores thats dirty as fuck) and know others have as well, with success. And if you are keeping you shit in plastic sleeves, it shouldnt be something that needs to be done that frequent, but I understand your hesitation.

There are definitely other cleaning options available. Such as washes, kits, and brushes, this is just a cost effective/cool way to clean, imo. The best care option is our own care when storing and handling.

Think you can try capturing the scuff in a photo? Because it could be just a natural part of the vinyl. Like a little color discoloration from the pressing, which could just be a natural aesthetic look that occurs and not from damage.

^ Ill check that out and get back to you.

Just saw that SoM has Drudkh's new album up for pre-order. Black and Orange marble. Broke as fuck, but had to make this one happen.

Drudkh-A-Furrow-Cut-Short-28811-1_1.jpg

Whaaaaaaa??? Its not?

What takes the cake for you? Stoner shit?

For me its Black Metal > Stoner Metal > Death Metal (mainly nasty, dirty shit) > Classic metal albums (Priest, Sabbath, Maiden etc.) > Electronic