The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Hey Kaf you read the stoner rock/metal thread lately? Looks like Uncle Acid is releasing something this year. Seems relevant to this thread, if you know what i mean.

Only whispers so far. If someone knows they arent telling yet. I say full length though.

Edit: Lee Dorian podcast says full length and hopefully a September or October release.

Goodbye money.

.... my turntable hasn't really given me any problems yet, but when it does i might have to hit you up Kaf. I'm still pretty much clueless when it comes to fucking with TT's. I've never even replaced a cartridge :(

I'm in the same boat. Trying to limit plays so I don't have to change it for a while. I'm sure it's not hard but just a pain in the ass to get everything together to change out the cartridge.

How long are most cartridges good for? I've been blasting my shit for the last year and it still sounds fine.

CIMG3545_zpszzueksd0.jpg

CIMG3540_zpsrgrkfitw.jpg

... i thought it was going to be a solid bronze vinyl. Looks even better than i thought! :kickass:

Only whispers so far. If someone knows they arent telling yet. I say full length though.

Edit: Lee Dorian podcast says full length and hopefully a September or October release.

Goodbye money.

I wish theyd fucking Press Volume 1 already.

I'm in the same boat. Trying to limit plays so I don't have to change it for a while. I'm sure it's not hard but just a pain in the ass to get everything together to change out the cartridge.

How long are most cartridges good for? I've been blasting my shit for the last year and it still sounds fine.

I think if you use your turntable reguarly, 3 years would be the max I would wait before replacing.

... cool. I should be good for at least another year then.

CIMG3547_zpsmh53jrh9.jpg

CIMG3550_zps9r3fz1vp.jpg

The inside of the gatefold has the lyrics along with commentary for each track from Karl Sanders. Here's a funny one for The Burning Pits of the Duat ...

"This was the impossible Nile song at rehearsals - not only challenging but extremely painful. I would return home every night with my wrist in so much pain that i begun to wonder if this song would end my career.I was reminded of the time when John McEntee(Incantation) toured with Immolation, and spent the whole tour with his wrists in agony, wearing wrist braces because he was unaccustomed to the strain of using completely different group of wrist muscles needed to play Bog Vignas unusual riffing style."

Yes. Relapse is a pretty decent big label to buy vinyl from. Probably the only good major label in terms of quality of vinyl/packaging.

Good to know. I need to cut down on purchasing CDs because I'm running out of room, but I have a little room for some more vinyl (although more expensive :()

Yeah, that was me about the Nile lp. I got mine a couple of days ago. Amazing quality for the price.

I picked up the Horrendous lp from that Dark Descent sale. Good stuff.

Pretty sure everyone that bought from the DD sale got that Horrendous album, myself included.

Got a few records in the mail... But my storage had ran out. Got a decently solid but cheap shelf and just battled it together. The collection continues!

Yeah, even I forgot I ordered it. And the cloth banner (im a sucker for em). Still waiting on my package, but if TNB got his, mine should be any day now.

Ive been actually looking at different crates online tonight. I was re organizing vinyls that got taken out of order from playing, and realized, they were left out kinda for a reason, I have no fucking room. I have 4 7-Up soda crates that my Dad used to keep his records in...As much as Id love to keep the consistency these fuckers are hard to find, and if you do, they cost a pretty penny...

Found some decent, stackable plastic crates...I just cant commit yet because these wooden ones are so easy on the eyes.

Got my record and a few cds from them today... But i paid the few extra bucks for priority because im impatient as shit.