the way the new ANTHRAX album could be created (if only they wanted)

Thrashard

Whistler's father
Mar 11, 2002
Mbarara
Visit site
this is off Paul Di'Anno's wikipedia-entry and shows how fast a band can create and put out a new album if the members are really interested in it.:

'Once Killers had the record deal they started to write the first album entitled Murder One. The band moved to Binghamton, where they stayed in a motel in which the owner had a set up rehearsal studio. The album was written in about in two weeks. It took only a further month to get it recorded. Drums were subsequently recorded in Vermont in half a day. The album was given finishing touches at The Powerstation in New York.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Di'Anno

wasn't 'Worship Music' (how they used to call it back then) finished in 2009? now they have Joey in the band, they probably still have a record deal. what's the problem? what are they waiting for? what is holding them back? are they still waiting for Bush's commitment to become a fulltime-member again? is Joey just a makeshift for the Big 4-shows and American Carnage to gain momentum for Bush's return? Scott talked about unfinished business with the WCFYA-lineup during the first reunion and said something like 'i can't imagine recording an album without John's voice". what are they up to now album-wise?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137726
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...hn_bush_to_permanently_return_to_anthrax.html

It should be a simple process to remove the existing vocal tracks and insert joeys--unless they have a hard time coordinating schedules (especially around poker games)

Putting all of our bickering aside for a moment, regardless of which singer either of us prefers...

You really NEVER know with this band, do ya? It appears they will probably make a record with Joey, but then again in interviews, Joey said he had never heard anything but one song from the record.

They played John Bush the whole record when they wanted him to sing on it. Or at least most of it, he said he had heard the stuff they did.

John Bush didn't want to sing Dan's parts, he wanted to write his own, and at the same time, I don't think he was in a place where he wanted to write an entire album's worth of material so soon, as he had JUST put a lot into writing the entire new Armored Saint album.

I thought from the beginning that the band might just be waiting a year or two (much like Armored Saint did after John stopped doing anything musical in 2005) and seeing if John is into writing yet...after a break he might be jonesing to write some songs.

But you really never know with this band...no decisions ever make sense...and while I've disagreed with the reunion in 2005, and really dislike the fact that Joey's back again - I didn't disagree with calling him up, it makes much more sense than finding an unknown singer AGAIN, since John doesn't want to do anything. But I realize that it would be a retarded idea to tour with Joey only to never do anything and then change the lineup again - even though I would surely love it if John did do a record with them...they'd be totally delaying their career even further, and at their age, not making a record for damn near 10 years isn't a good idea.

Fact is, if it was a priority, they'd have already tracked vocals on the new stuff and gotten SOMETHING out there. They had almost an entire month's break between touring recently, they could have done an EP or a single...

maybe he can give us the right answers?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9lZ2IJocqo&feature=fvsr[/ame]

c'mon Paul, show us who will be the singer on the next Anthrax album?
Dan Nelson (release it as it is, FINALLY)
Joey Belladonna (are they really gonna record a new album with him? at least he won't take a dump on Frank's back.)
John Bush (back in Anthrax when he feels that the time for this move in his life is right?)
Someone Else? (ironmaidenfan09? Matt Bello? johnnyCzech? Deege?,..)
No one? (F*ck Worship Music, put it in the trashcan and travel as a nostalgia act around the globe for the rest of your career, change the bandname to THE TRAVELLING ANTHRAX and play in every beer tent to get free beer and let SOUND OF WHITE NOISE forever be the record that contains the newest songs of your setlist.)

Cheers, Pauly Octopus!

Thrashard - that was a GOOD one.....MUHAHAHAHAHHAAAA...

Anyway...yeah it is difficult to know their priorities...Charlie wants the album out the soonest...at least that's what he has said...BUT Joey has some solo dates booked - when he is going to do any studio work?, Scott is busy as we know and he and Rob have The Damned Things' album coming out...

6er (Scott) said that they have 2 year contract with Joey...it seems that we just have to wait...the ones who want may go to see Joeythrax if they must...:)

T:)

i think it was a good move from Scott to start 'The Damned Things', that way he can live out his Nu-rock/Post-grunge-phantasies and let Anthrax be a metal/Thrash Metal band that is 100% grunge/alternative rock free, unfortunately it looks like 'The Damned Things' are more important for him than Anthrax.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQUJEaip9y0&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BFvgRfqtXo&feature=related[/ame]

btw, what happened to Paul The Octopus? has he ended up in an asian restaurant? or in iro****d***an09's stomach?

Forgive if I'm wrong, but Paul DiAnno's stuff since he left Maiden has been total shite. Why would anyone want to emulate him or his band?

On the other hand, Motorhead knock out albums in about a month so aye, it can be done. But Anthrax are drama queens. John Bush will probably end up singing on the next album.

Thrashard - that was a GOOD one.....MUHAHAHAHAHHAAAA...

Anyway...yeah it is difficult to know their priorities...Charlie wants the album out the soonest...at least that's what he has said...BUT Joey has some solo dates booked - when he is going to do any studio work?, Scott is busy as we know and he and Rob have The Damned Things' album coming out...

6er (Scott) said that they have 2 year contract with Joey...it seems that we just have to wait...the ones who want may go to see Joeythrax if they must...:)

T:)

Joey's solo dates are few and far between. If they said be at LadyLand or Pyramid studios he would show. I think it has to do with Scott and his "projects" like poker, Pearl, and TDT

if it is possible to build so many skyscrapers within 17 secs. then it's also possible to record the vox for the album until the end of the year. *gg*

Last edited by a moderator:
my thoughs are John's vocal sysle is closer to Dan's than Joey's is. I would think they may rework some stuff to suit Joey's style better. Then again, who knows.

Scott said in an interview that they would give the songs a thrashier style since Joey is back but to be honest i don't expect a Thrash album from Anthrax in 2011 but i'm pretty sure that it will have a unique sound. i hope that they can make a good mix of old and new style Anthrax, really don't know what to expect.