the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Mirror of Souls by Theocracy. Was put into the mood recently, I forgot how good this song is.

Mirror of Souls by Theocracy. Was put into the mood recently, I forgot how good this song is.

It doesn't get any better than MOS. That's the only song I've heard that I love more than Symphony X's The Odyssey.

Sinbreed - Newborn Tomorrow

I was looking on the Ulterium Records wesbite today to see if there was anything new on Theocracy, and I see that Sinbreed is doing live shows now. I'm happy to hear that. I doubt there will be any in a location I would be able to go to, but I find it encouraging. Hopefully this is a sign that there's more to come from them.

It doesn't get any better than MOS. That's the only song I've heard that I love more than Symphony X's The Odyssey
Personally, I favor Epica's Design Your Universe a bit more than MoS.
Yeah, I saw that Sinbreed was touring too. I'm really hoping they go back to the studio soon.

One Way to Freedom by Narnia.

Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events

It gets better with every listen. I think it may very well become my favorite DT album of the last 10-15 years. Awake will probably always be my favorite album, though. Maybe the new Theocracy will surpass it. :)

Emilie Autumn - Marry Me

I started listening to her because some people have compared Tarja's Anteroom of Death to her music. Aside from the use of a harpsichord I don't see that much a similarity, but I'm enjoying what I've heard so far.

For Americans (hint: I wish more people put their location in their profile), Sinbreed is making their US debut at ProgPower USA 2012.

I saw that on their last.fm page. I doubt I could find a way to justify travelling all the way to Atlanta, but it would be very cool to see Sinbreed, and I'm a huge Symphony X fan, so it would be quite an experience.

Awake will probably always be my favorite album, though.

The majority of my love for DT is because of that album. It's not that I don't enjoy their other stuff, but I'm certainly not a hardcore fan of the band. Awake is amazing though. I'm not quite sure I'd say it's my favorite metal album, but it's a contender.

Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events

It gets better with every listen. I think it may very well become my favorite DT album of the last 10-15 years. Awake will probably always be my favorite album, though. Maybe the new Theocracy will surpass it. :)

I'm seeing DT tomorrow at Staples, can't wait. I love A Dramatic Turn of Events. A review I read nailed this album. I'm paraphrasing here because I was foolish and did not bookmark it, but it said something like "Imagine if Dream Theater broke up after Awake and reformed 20 years later. That's what the new album is like."

And yeah, that's pretty much it. This is Dream Theater being Dream Theater, not Dream Theater doing Megadeth or Muse or whatever...

I'm seeing DT tomorrow at Staples, can't wait. I love A Dramatic Turn of Events. A review I read nailed this album. I'm paraphrasing here because I was foolish and did not bookmark it, but it said something like "Imagine if Dream Theater broke up after Awake and reformed 20 years later. That's what the new album is like."

And yeah, that's pretty much it. This is Dream Theater being Dream Theater, not Dream Theater doing Megadeth or Muse or whatever...

I agree with that comment about the album sounding like Dream Theater being Dream Theater without wearing other influences on their sleeves, so to speak. I'll be seeing them in Chicago in about a week, too! Good to see the love for Dream Theater here. :)

Virus by Heavenly

One of the many bands that I have discovered via Pandora. Not sure what it is about them, but their songs are just catchy.

I agree with that comment about the album sounding like Dream Theater being Dream Theater without wearing other influences on their sleeves, so to speak. I'll be seeing them in Chicago in about a week, too! Good to see the love for Dream Theater here. :)

The DT show last night was awesome, probably my favorite of all the times I've seen them (short of their Nightmare Cinema set).

Golden Resurrection - See My Commands

Anyone else looking forward to their upcoming album? I rather enjoyed Glory to My King, so I'm hopeful that Man on a Mission will be good too.

Virus by Heavenly

One of the many bands that I have discovered via Pandora. Not sure what it is about them, but their songs are just catchy.

I remember hearing that album once, years ago. It was good.

Losing Time by Excalion

Golden Resurrection - See My Commands

Anyone else looking forward to their upcoming album? I rather enjoyed Glory to My King, so I'm hopeful that Man on a Mission will be good too.

I'm a big fan of Tommy Johansson from ReinXeed, so perhaps I should give Golden Resurrection a whirl. Christian Liljegren's vocals are hit and miss for me, though. I love him in Divinefire, but I'm not fond of his work in Narnia.