the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Crimson Glory - "In Dark Places" featuring Todd La Torre :p

I might not be a hardcore fan, but I love every song on Transcendence. I don't have any of the rest of their albums, I should check them out sometime.

I might not be a hardcore fan, but I love every song on Transcendence. I don't have any of the rest of their albums, I should check them out sometime.

Definitely go for the self-titled debut album first. Very similar to Transcendence and darn near as good. If you love Transcendence, you should love it!

The third album Strange and Beautiful was a *huge* departure stylistically. A new drummer brought more of a "tribal" sound and it's less metal and more rock. Most fans hate this album. There are moments I like, but I can't say I spin this CD often.

The final album was Astronomica, which stylistically returned to form for them, but with new lead singer Wade Black (Seven Witches; Leatherwolf), your enjoyment of this will be fully dependent on how you like Black's vocals. I can't stand them. Some fans love them. Jon Drenning has said that Midnight recorded the entire Astronomica album, but the recording tracks were lost or accidentally destroyed :erk: This album would be killer with Midnight on vocals. Or Todd.

So, go with the self-titled debut album and you can't miss, while the other two will be hit or miss based on your tastes.

Besides Christian and positive metal, I listen to lots of Christian and positive rap too. Or change your life (for the good) music.

Right now i'm listening to a guy named Jin who recently converted over to the side of the light, which is awesome. Always good to see that happen to people. Here's a couple of his new songs i'm jammin right now,

Last edited by a moderator:
Theocracy - Nailed

SeaStorm: I will check them out, eventually, when my Theocracy excitement cools down a bit. I assume they'll make an album sometime soon now they have a new singer, right?

SeaStorm: I will check them out, eventually, when my Theocracy excitement cools down a bit. I assume they'll make an album sometime soon now they have a new singer, right?

Crimson Glory has said recently they will do another album, but that's about it detail-wise. There have been so many unfulfilled big plans and promises in the past (usually derailed by Midnight's personal demons) that it's hard for me to take anything other than a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. Here's hoping!

^ Extol rocks so much.

Currently listening to David Crowder Band's album Church Music. It's one of the albums I listen to while I sleep. Yes...I should be sleeping.

Crimson Glory has said recently they will do another album, but that's about it detail-wise. There have been so many unfulfilled big plans and promises in the past (usually derailed by Midnight's personal demons) that it's hard for me to take anything other than a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. Here's hoping!

Well they've never made it past the promise stage, I'll be happy just to see that they've entered the studio, etc. The only other thing that they've said is that because of Todd's voice it would be like CG of old in that they'd use his voice for both some heavy songs and some ballad types al la In dark places and Dream Dancer.

Steel Prophet - Earth and Sky.

Theocracy - The Gift of Music

You know, I was leaning toward I AM or the title track as my favorite of ATWB, but I'm starting to think it might be this.