the "what are you currently listening to" thread

A friend of mine pointed me to this all instrumental metal band yesterday. How have I never heard of Tosin Abasi before? His guitar work is just incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Shins - Simple Song

Oh man, I am so glad this band is back. After waiting for FIVE FREAKING YEARS, we're finally getting another album in March. The Shins are the one indie band I really care about (aside from Ugly Casanova, which was just a one-shot deal), and James Mercer is one of the best lyricists of our time - maybe even THE best.

I am almost excited about this coming out as I was for ATWB, and that's saying something.

In the Dark by Flyleaf.

A friend of mine pointed me to this all instrumental metal band yesterday. How have I never heard of Tosin Abasi before? His guitar work is just incredible.

I love Animals as Leaders. Such incredible musicians.

Image of God by Sacrecy

I'm not sure if I've seen these guys mentioned here before. They are an excellent Christian power/prog metal band.

Because I tend to listen to CDs, I really rarely listen to Wages of Sin (it's buried in my PC as an mp3 and I just never go out of my way to listen to it). Now that Ulterium has uploaded it to YouTube, I've probably listened to it 25 times this morning! :headbang:

I listened to it 20 or so times the day it was first released. Glad to see that it's on YT now. That's a great song.

Nobody's Home by Kansas.

I.....I'm weird about the new album. I really like it, but then some of the individual songs (Rest Calm, Turn Loose the Mermaids) are pretty weak.

I disagree with you about Rest Calm. I thought that was one of the highlights. I sort of agree on Turn the Mermaids Loose. I'm guessing I like it more than you, but I don't think it's one of the better tracks.

I think it's a really solid album - their most consistent since Oceanborn. It seems a bit lacking in terms of stand out tracks though. Despite their frustrating inconsistency, that's one thing Once and Dark Passion Play had going for them - several songs that blew me away. The only songs I truly LOVE off Imaginaerum are Ghost River and Slow, Love, Slow, though I do enjoy the rest.

Golden Resurrection - Metal Opus 1 C#m

Man With a Mission turned out to be a major disappointment for me. Other than this song and the bonus tracks, I wasn't impressed by it at all. :(

Theocracy - I AM

It's amazing......I have over a thousand plays of ATWB since it was released in November, and yet I'm still not even close to being tired of it.

The remixed version of the Theocracy Christmas Medley. Somehow I never got to listen to it since last Christmas, so decided to give it a few listens today.