the "what are you currently listening to" thread

1241.jpg

full album

HB - Jesus Metal Explosion. Such a good album. I particularly like the variety on it - so many different kinds of songs. Typically, I am all about the fast songs and not so much for the slower songs (I've noticed my pattern with many bands, including Theocracy, is that my least favorite songs are the slowest ones), but Hands Of Grace absolutely stops me in my tracks and forces me to listen to it each time it comes on:

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Hot Chili Peppers - On Mercury

I'm well aware that my musical tastes tend to be somewhat outside the mainstream, but I was nonetheless a bit surprised today when I looked at last.fm's 100 most listened to artists, and the Peppers were only the one on that list that I care about. At all.

HB - Jesus Metal Explosion. Such a good album. I particularly like the variety on it - so many different kinds of songs. Typically, I am all about the fast songs and not so much for the slower songs (I've noticed my pattern with many bands, including Theocracy, is that my least favorite songs are the slowest ones), but Hands Of Grace absolutely stops me in my tracks and forces me to listen to it each time it comes on:

Cool, another Jesus Metal Explosion lover! :D I know some people prefer Frozen Inside - which is good too - but I think this is easily the best of their English releases. People, don't let the horrible, horrible title fool you - it's great stuff!

Delain - Come Closer

This is such a beautiful song - my favorite by them. I can't believe they made a bonus track for April Rain instead of putting in the album proper.

yeah, bonus songs are the bane of my existence. It never fails, ill be bopping around youtube listening to music and ill hear a song from a band that I though I knew all the songs they've ever created. And lo and behold, a japanese bonus track. I mean, its a good surprise, but I can't help but wonder if I miss these kinds of things all the time.

Currently listening to this freaking youtube sensation Gotye song on youtube.

Beware, it will get in your head and never leave.

Listened to it approx. 200 times yesterday while playing games. Ironically my girlfriend linked me the song.
As well as this one:

yeah, bonus songs are the bane of my existence. It never fails, ill be bopping around youtube listening to music and ill hear a song from a band that I though I knew all the songs they've ever created. And lo and behold, a japanese bonus track. I mean, its a good surprise, but I can't help but wonder if I miss these kinds of things all the time.

True^. That's exactly how I felt when I found out about Sinbreed's Japanese bonus track.

Just picked up Reinxeed's album 1912; and Golden Resurrection's 'Man on a Mission' on iTunes Canada. Took what seemed forever for these to come to itunes, so I'm eccstatic.

Danny Elfman - The Batman Theme

I think the Christopher Nolan Batman movies are superior to the older ones, but I've always felt they lacked something - a truly epic, iconic musical theme. This, ladies and gentleman, is one of the greatest movie theme songs ever made.