the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Who is the first girl singing with them?

I've been trying to figure that out myself. I'm pretty sure she's not on either of the first two releases. Someone from the upcoming third release perhaps?

I do follow Soulspell on Facebook and Twitter, but since all their posts are in Portuguese, I don't actually learn much about what's going on with the band :Spin:

I've been trying to figure that out myself. I'm pretty sure she's not on either of the first two releases. Someone from the upcoming third release perhaps?

I do follow Soulspell on Facebook and Twitter, but since all their posts are in Portuguese, I don't actually learn much about what's going on with the band :Spin:

They only list Amanda Somerville on their site.

It's odd because when I was in high school, all my headbanger friends were listening to Stryper, but I never did (probably because they were Christian and I wasn't), so I never actually got into them until the last 3-4 years. Now I feel like an idiot that I missed the chance to experience them when they were at the height of their popularity.

Fortunately, I got to see them live in 2009 and hang out in the dressing room afterwards. Totally cool group of guys! Anyone into Christian metal needs to know Stryper to respect the past :worship:

My favorite songs are Free and First Love (one of the most beautiful ballads ever):

Last edited by a moderator:
This is 3 posts late; Stryper's studio stuff has always been completely lame to me. But a friend of mine had a spare ticket so I went to see em. And oh man. So much respect now.

Dragonland -Fire and Brimstone

I tried listening to some Stryper songs this morning, but I couldn't get into them at all. Don't get me wrong - they're talented, and I do respect their message and what they were able to accomplish. It's just not the kind of metal that I enjoy.