the "what are you currently listening to" thread

So, I've been working on getting into Swedish prog band Andromeda. Unfortunately, I only have the original version of their first album Extension of the Wish, which has session vocalist Lawrence Mackrory on it. Everyone says to appreciate the band, you need to hear them with current vocalist David Fremberg; they later recorded Extension of the Wish with Fremberg. But, I've kept listening to my Mackrory version, because it's all that I have. Anyway, I finally found a song that I *love* on it (this one has the Mackrory vocals) - Star Shooter Supreme:

Last edited:
That sounds awesome, SeaStorm. I might check them out more sometime soon.

I was just listening to Money, by Gamma Ray:

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading this, and Matt's Avantasia-heavy "top power metal choruses" list, I think it's time I get me some Avantasia! I can't believe I haven't heard any of it all these years, especially since everyone in the genre seems to love it.

The first two albums are great IMO (and sound similar to Theocracy style-wise), but I think the rest are meh with a couple of awesome songs per album.

Just listened to the entire 'Out Of The Blue' record by ELO; if there's one album that I listened to so many times in my life and still love it so much, it's this album.;)

Snert posted a song called The Desperate Poet by Wuthering Heights.
Just wanted to comment how I've reopened that link dozens of times in the past two days, just sayin' it's good :)

The stars as they pass the celestial meridian. I realize that makes it sound like I'm high. I swear, I'm not! I'm just in love with this app called Astro Cantus that will play sound sets as stars pass the celestial meridian. I've been playing it as background music while I write. Its absolutely beautiful listening to the stars live.

Note. I have no affiliation with this app or its maker.

Broken Chromosomes, by Tourniquet

One of THE best Christian bands ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to this on shuffle:

a69b95cf.png