the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Golden Resurrection - Metal Opus 1 C#m

Man With a Mission turned out to be a major disappointment for me. Other than this song and the bonus tracks, I wasn't impressed by it at all.
I listened to some tracks on youtube and well, there's always the same problems with them.
As always, all the instrumentals / solos are very good, some of them are really awesome, but it seems that most of the verses are just too weak ; and I can't stand Tommy's one-man choruses...
The vocals are in general very cheap, excepted on "Finally Free" : there are some good things in the vocals, I think they should explore that aspect, it could give good things.

Nightwish - Scaretale

I listened to some tracks on youtube and well, there's always the same problems with them.
As always, all the instrumentals / solos are very good, some of them are really awesome, but it seems that most of the verses are just too weak ; and I can't stand Tommy's one-man choruses...
The vocals are in general very cheap, excepted on "Finally Free" : there are some good things in the vocals, I think they should explore that aspect, it could give good things.

I liked Glory to My King a whole lot better. It had some weak tracks, but I felt that the good ones more than made up for it. While Man With A Mission is pretty good instrumentally, I found even that to be less memorable this time around.

And the lyrics are just plain bad. Christian Liljegren has been writing pretty much the same songs (lyrically) over and over again for some time now, and he's really running out steam here. I wish he'd try using some different themes. :(

Thank you everybody for the previous page.
I now own 10 more albums :rofl: Yeah, issues with saving money.

Underground power metal for the win, I am now listening to crom's album "Vengeance"

Songs of the Ocean - Space One
I really like the intro of this one, and the whole album is (as a devoted sci-fi fan) like a little gem to me.