the "what are you currently listening to" thread

I just returned from an Unleash The Archers show. A M A Z I N G. I think this Canadian band has a ton of potential and I hope to see them keep growing their fanbase. Check out General Of The Dark Army:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVi0d7oqDvs

So Blaming you for my lack of funds!! Lol, so picked this up, as well as Delain's newest one. Unleash the Archers is my Canadian Obligation to great metal ;D

Also been listening to Project 86's newest .. Fall Goliath Fall is just a great track.

Blood Stain Child - Stargazer

Sophia left the band, which is depressing because Epsilon is one of my favorite albums and I was really looking forward to hearing more from that lineup. It doesn't sound like she left on bad terms though, and the official announcement indicated that she will be involved in future projects, which is good.

They're doing an open call for a new vocalist, if anyone is interested or knows someone who might be good fit:

http://www.bloodstainchild.com/en/news.html#July_2012_bosyu

Nightwish - Eva

Man, first Tarja gets fired and now this. :cry:

This is a sad day. I'm really going to miss Anette. Horrible, horrible news. :(

I hadn't heard this news. That is too bad. Nightwish bounced back after Tarja's exit (in my opinion), so I would bet they will bounce back again.

lolwut the 2nd singer left Nightwish? Can I get some backstory? A GOOD link, because I'm finding it kind of ironic and amusing, but I'd hate to make a fool of myself without any sound evidence :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember them parting ways with Tarja due to her ego issues or something. Well if that whole bit wasn't true this is just them getting their just reward. Not to sound spiteful but I find the whole situation kinda silly.

Best of luck to all three parties and thank YOU guys for filling me in :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBrAST5Z-tU&feature=g-vrec[/ame]

Angra - Angels Cry

There was some awesome news that made me listen to Angra again tonight. You know, their singer Edu Falaschi (a Christian IMO) departed earlier this year and I was pretty sure that it will be the end of Angra. Just heard today that Angra is starting to look for a new vocalist via a REALITY SHOW! :OMG:

Yeah, this forum is for Theocracy and not for Angra, but I just wanted to share this awesome piece of news to you guys. They totally made my day!

Angra - Angels Cry

There was some awesome news that made me listen to Angra again tonight. You know, their singer Edu Falaschi (a Christian IMO) departed earlier this year and I was pretty sure that it will be the end of Angra. Just heard today that Angra is starting to look for a new vocalist via a REALITY SHOW! :OMG:

Yeah, this forum is for Theocracy and not for Angra, but I just wanted to share this awesome piece of news to you guys. They totally made my day!

drooling_homer.gif

As a guy whose biggest purchase of the last few years was Angra's Aqua and whose favorite and most worn out shirt is Angra - Rebirth I can't begin to explain in how big an ecstatic frenzy this news has sent me.

THANK YOU
That's amaaaaazing news, and even though I was bummed that Edu left I'm squealing like a schoolgirl thinking how I still might have a chance to see them LIVE. Rafael and Kiko are the best thing that's happened to music since ever.

holla holla get dolla

Coheed & Cambria's new one, Afterman: Ascension. Great album. The track Afterman is my current favorite.

Coheed & Cambria's new one, Afterman: Ascension. Great album. The track Afterman is my current favorite.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. My first listen didn't leave me with a positive opinion, although my second listen wasn't totally negative. Granted, I still don't find myself being drawn into it, and it isn't exactly creating a strong urge to constantly listen to it like their past releases have. Maybe it's just because I was a die hard fan, probably to the point of idolatry, and have been trying to distance myself from that fandom to avoid backsliding. Or maybe it's just that I've been listening to so much Christian metal lately that I'm just desiring something heavier than TA:A has to offer. Well, we'll see. Maybe it'll grow on me, maybe it won't.

After Forever - Decipher (album)

Just got the album last week, but it is becoming one of my favorites. :)