the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Yeah, saw they posted that. I wish they'd just release an entire song instead of a teaser; a teaser tells me very little about what they sound like.

Also, the chick's voice reminds me of Scandinavian Metal Praise. But that's probably completely sexist of me thinking all female singers sound the same.

Yeah, saw they posted that. I wish they'd just release an entire song instead of a teaser; a teaser tells me very little about what they sound like.

I agree. A teaser works for something like Theocracy because we know the band and what it sounds like already, and Matt and Emil like torturing us with small teasers anyway; but this is a new band that we've never heard before, so it'd be great to hear a complete song to know what they're like.

I don't think it's sexist, they do sound a little alike.
I can REALLY see myself getting this stuff on its release date.

edit:
1280871_446082685505569_1811753627_n.jpg

As it turns out, the name being familiar was no fluke, this thing is gonna be the best thing I've ever been to and it just keeps getting better and better.

Going to see these guys with The Faceless on Thursday; realized I hadn't listened to them nearly enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recognize the voice at the beginning? :)

Signum Regis - Exodus (new album teaser)

This guy does all kinds of ... meets metal. Pretty cool. Also downloads on his website. :)

I was glad to hear about Matt working with Signum Regis. Very cool band.

Anyway, I've been spending a large part of the day listening to the new Dream Theater. A most satisfying album. Not their best, but definitely one of their better ones. My favorite tracks are The Looking Glass, The Bigger Picture, Along for the Ride, and Illumination Theory.