the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Love Theocracy,Listen to a lot of stuff,lately been listening to symphonic rock,particularly Sleeping Romance also Ancient Bards.....something about that music...I like. (Both bands are Italian...first i've heard from that part of world).

Listening to the incredible soundtrack to the awesome new scifi action RPG Transistor, from the fellows who made Bastion (my favorite game of all time).

I should give that a try. Bastion was exceptional. The soundtrack amazing and the gameplay was riveting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should give that a try. Bastion was exceptional. The soundtrack amazing and the gameplay was riveting.

Be warned: The story is confusing, and leaves questions unanswered. However, as a whole, it's a great game. Some parts are exceedingly well done, including the gorgeous artwork/world, the unique and rather awesome combat system and, of course, the soundtrack.

Edit/Note: This is one of multiple songs that have lyrics, and it's from decently early in the game, so you don't have to worry about potential spoilers. Also, there's half a minute of silence at the end of the video for some reason.

Vanishing Point! I need to get their newest album. I really love their first four.

Rawshik's link and stuff.

You're becoming my favourite guy for music-I-don't-care-for-but-probably-should-despite-being-metalcore.

I can't agree on your thoughts regarding this being > anything AILD, mainly because I have yet to devote the time needed to properly judge their work.

Buuut...Wovenwar is disgustingly good. I love hearing metalcore music without the screams and breakdowns (I'm sure there's a genre out there for me, but I've never devoted any time to that either, go figure).

Good song! Good band! Thanks, buddy.

I'm listening to this:

Because I'm having some thing where I don't know what I'm doing with my life or something.

If you ever wondered what a chorus would sound like if it included a soprano, tenor, baritone, death metal growler, and black metal screamer... wonder no more! Fast forward to 4:27 for the impatient among you. Though I probably prefer Magic Kingdom's second album with the amazing Olaf Hayer (Dionysus, Luca Turilli, Symphonity, Treasure Seeker, etc.) on vocals. That album also mixes in extreme vocals to many of their songs.

Went to Summer Slaughter yesterday. Origin put on the best show.

Listening to this: