The what's going on in Thrash thread

I just saw that. First Ron with personal issues and now Dave. I hope whatever it is gets sorted out. And that it's not too bad. Honestly though. I would be kinda happy if he did get permanently replaced. He added an awful lot early on, but lately his solos have been kinda meh. And that compressed tone is bleh.

Yeah I don't see that ep being worked on for a while.

Have you been commenting on Blabber, because there was a few comments that reflected the same message :)

Phil on tour puts Sean in a weird place. The new EP is due soon (or was it released and I forgot?), and no doubt he would like to tour it. I'm sure Phil didn't take the Overkill gig without talking to Sean, they seem to be kind of close to equal in Vio-lence with Sean maybe doing a little more, but I can't see Sean replacing him just to tour. So therefore Vio-lence is again on hiatus...maybe.

Reactions: redfly
I just saw that. First Ron with personal issues and now Dave. I hope whatever it is gets sorted out. And that it's not too bad. Honestly though. I would be kinda happy if he did get permanently replaced. He added an awful lot early on, but lately his solos have been kinda meh. And that compressed tone is bleh.

Yeah I don't see that ep being worked on for a while.
The guy never really did get a fair shake and you’re right about his solos and tone but still a pretty solid player.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I sincerely hope you were not affected in your region Slammed!

Na, it's up north in Queensland and northern New South Wales, 12 hours drive from us. We do look like getting some of the weather system but nothing too bad and certainly not this "weather bomb" they keep referring to that hit Brisbane. But thanks for the concern :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Have you been commenting on Blabber, because there was a few comments that reflected the same message :)

Phil on tour puts Sean in a weird place. The new EP is due soon (or was it released and I forgot?), and no doubt he would like to tour it. I'm sure Phil didn't take the Overkill gig without talking to Sean, they seem to be kind of close to equal in Vio-lence with Sean maybe doing a little more, but I can't see Sean replacing him just to tour. So therefore Vio-lence is again on hiatus...maybe.
Haha. No I haven't been reading much of the comments on that site lately.

I think that it comes out on the 4th of this month. So yeah a little strange. I'd imagine things are fine internally with them. What's weird to me is that they don't have any shows booked themselves, being that this is their first real offering in decades.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I got Chuck covered from buying his the junk he didn't want anymore! :tickled:.
But I should have! I'm still unhappy that I missed out on the signed version of Dublin Death Patrol.

Given that they don't look like doing another DDP it would be good to have a signed copy of anything from them.

Haha. No I haven't been reading much of the comments on that site lately.

I think that it comes out on the 4th of this month. So yeah a little strange. I'd imagine things are fine internally with them. What's weird to me is that they don't have any shows booked themselves, being that this is their first real offering in decades.

I don't read them much but I do notice DW and that Jon Ellsworth are almost non existent. I haven't seen DW comment in over a week, but that doesn't mean there isn't still stupid comments.

Actually that's a fair point. I thought they had gigs lined up but you're right I haven't seen anything so it appears they aren't playing. Sean even said he liked the idea of releasing two EP a year and touring in between. Seems he's as liberal with the truth as Mustaine is, only he's not spiteful with his lies.

Hehe, only one of those questions will get a truthful answer :)

According to FB the March 1 Testament announcement is about the new drummer. Not sure when it's happening because I don't know US time zones that well it's listed as 2PM PST/5PM EST

Reactions: redfly
I don't read them much but I do notice DW and that Jon Ellsworth are almost non existent. I haven't seen DW comment in over a week, but that doesn't mean there isn't still stupid comments.

Actually that's a fair point. I thought they had gigs lined up but you're right I haven't seen anything so it appears they aren't playing. Sean even said he liked the idea of releasing two EP a year and touring in between. Seems he's as liberal with the truth as Mustaine is, only he's not spiteful with his lies.
Yeah! I went through a bunch of stuff in the comments. I'm not saying for sure but I've always thought Dw and Ellsworth were the same person. What made me stop reading most comments was that a few weeks back DW was obviously having a conversation with at least 6 of his own accounts and just covering all the sides of positive and negative. even telling himself to get peed on in another account. Trying to drum up bullshit.
I did stop in on the Queensryche comments and was immediately disgusted. It's so lame to see people bash LaTorre saying how bad he is for the band and he's arrogant and just all sorts of shit. When really they're mad because he spoke up about anti vaccine and mask people.

It will be interesting to see how the ep sells!

Reactions: Slammed