The what's going on in Thrash thread

So I'm definitely not great at geography. But doesn't it seem like some of these tour dates are now in jeopardy because of the war? At least in the first half? Hopefully this will end in a positive way by then. But that doesn't mean things will be stable.
Maybe I need a map!
Edit: Okay looking at the map it seems like Poland , Romania and Slovakia. (Or is that Slovenia? The map just says Slov.) are the close ones...I'm sure most of you knew that. :tickled:

July
9 - Ballenstedt, Germany - Rock Harz Festival
10 - Vizovice, Czech Republic - Masters of Rock
11 - Krakow, Poland - Studio (with Exodus, Heathen)
12 - Bratislava, Slovakia - Refinery Gallery (with Sepultura, Exodus, Death Angel, Heathen)
14 - Neukirchen-Vluyn, Germany - Dong Open Air
16 - Leoben, Austria - Area 53 Festival
17 - Cremona, Italy - Luppolo in Rock
19 - Rome, Italy - Rock in Roma (with Exodus, Death Angel, Heathen)
21 - Fritzlar, Germany - Rock am Stück
23 - Plovdiv, Bulgaria - Hills of Rock
24 - Sibiu, Romania - Art Mania
26 - Tolmin, Slovenia - Metaldays
29 - Vagos, Portugal - Vagos Metalfest
30 - Burgos, Spain - Anden 56 (with Exodus, Heathen)
31 - Pamplona, Spain - Totem (with Exodus, Heathen)

August
3 - Malaga, Spain - Paris 15 (with Exodus, Heathen)
4 - Villena, Spain - Leyendas del Rock
5 - Madrid, Spain - La Riviera (with Exodus, Heathen)
6 - Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz (with Exodus, Heathen)
9 - Bordeaux, France - Rocher de Palmer (with Exodus, Heathen)
12 - Catton Park, UK - Bloodstock Festival
13 - Kortrijk, Belgium - Alcatraz Festival
14 - Saarbrücken, Germany - Garage (with Exodus, Heathen)
16 - Innsbruck, Austria - Music Hall (with Exodus, Heathen)
17 - Dinkelsbühl, Germany - Summer Breeze
19 - Sulingen, Germany - Reload Festival
20 - Eindhoven, Netherlands - Dynamo Metalfest
21 - St. Nolff, France - Motocultor

I believe most of Europe is ok. Poland may be risky, which would suck because Testament have some nice female fans in Poland.But otherwise I think just about everyone is banning Russia and avoiding Ukraine, but most of the other countries at the moment will be okay.

Edit: Notice I didn't pick on you about not knowing geography....because I'm not a Debbie downer so ner ner :p

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I'm glad they are excited and it's great news, but Lombardo is no Rick Allen and you know it!!
I'm not disappointed with the news but I also don't want to get too excited in case it fails, no point setting myself up for sadness down the track.
:p
I am just shitting on the band mostly but I can't help thinking they could have done better with an up and comer, it doesn't make me right but I will get more mileage out of this poor decision :)

I'm pretty sure Eric only gets associated with black metal because of DragonLord which I don't even know whether it's still going. I don't think the Gathering actually had black metal moments, and if Eric had been in a dance band I reckon those same people would be saying the album had dance music on it. I only bring up wiki to test your memory and see if they ever get something right :p

Oh of course I'm not judging it before it's made, I judged it the moment news broke and have just been riding that ill judged idea ever since :p
Yeah but who is?!
Yeah I totally get that. I can't help it. For me this is the greatest day since getting Gene, and Tempesta..and Dave in the first place.. I didn't actually dare think this would happen for fear it wouldn't lol.

What do you think the Black Metal moments are? I just hear the combination of Demonic And Low. Maybe a little Slayer mixed in. As Eric said they used a different way of picking. And it sounds more slayer like to me or early Metallica. That fast down picking.

Did you actually sleep?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
I believe most of Europe is ok. Poland may be risky, which would suck because Testament have some nice female fans in Poland.But otherwise I think just about everyone is banning Russia and avoiding Ukraine, but most of the other countries at the moment will be okay.

Edit: Notice I didn't pick on you about not knowing geography....because I'm not a Debbie downer so ner ner :p
:lol: I could have and probably should have deleted it. But what the hell. Let my ignorance fly and be corrected!

I'm kinda also thinking money wise. Things are about to get tight here and there.

Lol. I just got Debbie Downer in my head and had to use it. Having any merit notwithstanding! :lol: I think I was watching Ash VS The Evil Dead.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
Yeah but who is?!
Yeah I totally get that. I can't help it. For me this is the greatest day since getting Gene, and Tempesta..and Dave in the first place.. I didn't actually dare think this would happen for fear it wouldn't lol.

What do you think the Black Metal moments are? I just hear the combination of Demonic And Low. Maybe a little Slayer mixed in. As Eric said they used a different way of picking. And it sounds more slayer like to me or early Metallica. That fast down picking.

Did you actually sleep?!

Even Rick Allen is a total Rick Allen any more

I didn't think about it happening because I didn't want Testament to make a mistake :)

I don't think there is Black Metal in The Gathering. I think because Eric was doing his DargonLord stuff the idiots that edit wiki and the like wanted to make some connection to make it sound like they had been paying attention.

I try not to sleep during the day :p But then I don't sleep much an night either so I'm kind of screwed. I did nod off in the car yesterday afternoon while waiting at the school, does that count? :p

:lol: I could have and probably should have deleted it. But what the hell. Let my ignorance fly and be corrected!

I'm kinda also thinking money wise. Things are about to get tight here and there.

Lol. I just got Debbie Downer in my head and had to use it. Having any merit notwithstanding! :lol: I think I was watching Ash VS The Evil Dead.

I read a thing on another forum this morning where someone said "people should only be able to talk about the Ukraine situation if the can point to the place on a map." I guess you've just pointed out you can't talk about it :)

I really don't know what effects it will have on touring. Europe is probably going to suffer more than the rest of the world when it comes to oil prices, that alone could make touring harder. Things like food and other daily items will probably also rise and with contracts already signed it might mean some bands do have to pull out of tours. But I guess time will tell.

I didn't want to be a downer, I was just scared that Dave might make the same mistakes he did with Slayer and Testament could suffer....actually that's not true, I don't know what went on in Slayer, so I guess I was just shitting on him for the fun of it.

Even Rick Allen is a total Rick Allen any more

I didn't think about it happening because I didn't want Testament to make a mistake :)

I don't think there is Black Metal in The Gathering. I think because Eric was doing his DargonLord stuff the idiots that edit wiki and the like wanted to make some connection to make it sound like they had been paying attention.

I try not to sleep during the day :p But then I don't sleep much an night either so I'm kind of screwed. I did nod off in the car yesterday afternoon while waiting at the school, does that count? :p
Lol.....lol

Yeah there's a lot of this. I always think of that scene from Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back. Where Ben Affleck says: Here's the pulse and here's you're finger jammed straight up your ass! Or something like that.

Only if you dreamt of a drum battle between Hoglan, Lombardo and Murphy!
My spell checker is telling me I spelled dreamt wrong. And gives me a suggestion of Dream t. Wtf.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I read a thing on another forum this morning where someone said "people should only be able to talk about the Ukraine situation if the can point to the place on a map." I guess you've just pointed out you can't talk about it :)

I really don't know what effects it will have on touring. Europe is probably going to suffer more than the rest of the world when it comes to oil prices, that alone could make touring harder. Things like food and other daily items will probably also rise and with contracts already signed it might mean some bands do have to pull out of tours. But I guess time will tell.

I didn't want to be a downer, I was just scared that Dave might make the same mistakes he did with Slayer and Testament could suffer....actually that's not true, I don't know what went on in Slayer, so I guess I was just shitting on him for the fun of it.
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Of course you can point to it on a map. The names are written right on it! :)

Lol. Well sure as hell don't let me spoil you're fun! :p. You guys really caught me off guard! :lol:

Lol.....lol

Yeah there's a lot of this. I always think of that scene from Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back. Where Ben Affleck says: Here's the pulse and here's you're finger jammed straight up your ass! Or something like that.

Only if you dreamt of a drum battle between Hoglan, Lombardo and Murphy!
My spell checker is telling me I spelled dreamt wrong. And gives me a suggestion of Dream t. Wtf.

Well we are all just humans and we are prone to make mistakes. Testament could do the same, if you prepare for the worst and it doesn't happen you're always surprised! Megadave is a self centered dick! Anthrax can't write any good music! Testament made a mistake!

My money is still on Murphy!

Yeah that's bloody stupid I thought the same thing when I typed dreamt yesterday. It wasn't dreamed and while both might work in the same context dreamt is not a bloody typo!

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Of course you can point to it on a map. The names are written right on it! :)

Lol. Well sure as hell don't let me spoil you're fun! :p

Me thinkums you underestimate the stupid of some people on the internet :p

I'm over it now and I'm late for lunch, been too busy re-wiring my solar panel regulator and the charge circuits. Now I'm hungry!!

Well we are all just humans and we are prone to make mistakes. Testament could do the same, if you prepare for the worst and it doesn't happen you're always surprised! Megadave is a self centered dick! Anthrax can't write any good music! Testament made a mistake!

My money is still on Murphy!

Yeah that's bloody stupid I thought the same thing when I typed dreamt yesterday. It wasn't dreamed and while both might work in the same context dreamt is not a bloody typo!
:)
;)
:mad:. Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Big day tomorrow!!! Biggest release of the year!!!
That's right, Vio-lence is releasing a new EP, get yours before they all....don't sell!