The what's going on in Thrash thread

So, who has the original of Satan's Taint?
Metal Archives lists Bobby as the only active member, but it also lists him as guitars only. Anyone know who, if anyone, is playing on the albums with him? (I know technically the first album is 5 songs plus the first released 5 track EP but it's listed as an official full length release.)

Oops hit post to quickly.
Seems there was three guys involved in the second album, Jim McCourt (drums), Dan Ortega and Paolo Velazquez both vocals with Bobby playing bass and guitar. The three others each have other bands but not bands I have heard of and if you go to their personal bios they are all listed as playing on both Satan's Taint albums, but they are listed on the second album on Satan's Taint's page.

Last edited:
Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yes! Very glad. I still can’t believe he even considered jumping ship like that. There’s those glasses!

The glasses and the pulled back hair make him look completely different :)
As big as Seps were at one stage I can't ever see Chuck going to them as anything other than a backward step. Testament might well be Eric's band but Seps at the time were no body's band and it's not like Chuck could have saved them.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Here’s exactly what it says.
Jim McCourt
Dan Ortega
Paola Valazquez
Jorgensen Kristenson
Rob Stokes
Brian Crean
Mark Dykstra
Blue Heavener
And for solos
James Murphy
Mike Rivera
Scott Gailor.

Murphy played a drum solo? :)

Interesting that no one after the first three are listed on M-A.
It's the first time I've really listened to it and while there is some good songs on it the album seems to be a bit all over the place. Growls, clean singing, almost death metal, straight heavy metal. He seems to be mixing a bit of everything in there while never actually finding one place.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
The glasses and the pulled back hair make him look completely different :)
As big as Seps were at one stage I can't ever see Chuck going to them as anything other than a backward step. Testament might well be Eric's band but Seps at the time were no body's band and it's not like Chuck could have saved them.
I may have gotten into a Chuck fronted Seps. But I'd have been pissed every second of every day that he left Testament.
I think Eric and Chuck are 50/50. No?

Reactions: Slammed
Lol. This guy has already put Vio-Lence on the back burner? I get that have some kind of understanding..I guess. But right after you releae your first new music in decades? If I was a fan following them this would stop me. What's the point?
He should join Overkill full time..if possible.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/p...ng-commitments-i-need-to-be-a-little-selfish/

I was reading about that this morning. I guess we saw it coming but hearing he say it does kind of make you wonder how dedicated he is to Vio-lence. I wonder how the real fans who have been hanging for this band's reformation actually feel, like you say it would be enough to push most people.

Reactions: redfly
Murphy played a drum solo? :)

Interesting that no one after the first three are listed on M-A.
It's the first time I've really listened to it and while there is some good songs on it the album seems to be a bit all over the place. Growls, clean singing, almost death metal, straight heavy metal. He seems to be mixing a bit of everything in there while never actually finding one place.
I think the second album is even more so. Plus he cut out a lot of solos saying no one likes solos lol. I do like the first one for the most part.

I may have gotten into a Chuck fronted Seps. But I'd have been pissed every second of every day that he left Testament.
I think Eric and Chuck are 50/50. No?

I don't know that WhatsHisFace McKnucklehead (aka the guy left) could write music for Chuck, and I'm not sure that he'd have wanted Chuck's input, initially at least.

I'd say they probably are 51/49, Eric ought to keep reminding Chuck that he thought about leaving for Seps. :)

I was reading about that this morning. I guess we saw it coming but hearing he say it does kind of make you wonder how dedicated he is to Vio-lence. I wonder how the real fans who have been hanging for this band's reformation actually feel, like you say it would be enough to push most people.
Lol, the real fans and not the Blabber ones :p. I love the people kissing his ass in the comments. "You don't have to explain yourself dude" No at this point you do have to explain yourself. Talking about this big comeback for years now and when it happens you decide to do other things. Didn't save your MH money?

I think the second album is even more so. Plus he cut out a lot of solos saying no one likes solos lol. I do like the first one for the most part.

I pilfered copies of the two albums and gave them a listen today and even though I don't think they quite find any one spot in metal I do like them. At times the vocals are a bit hard to take but they change so much no one song is an album killer. He seems like a very angry man on the second album with songs like Spit On Your Coffin, Thorn In My Side, End Your Bloodline and Sorry You Were Ever Born. But I do thing it deserves a commercial release rather than sitting as an independent.