The what's going on in Thrash thread

Destruction aren't a band that I listen to often. When it comes to German thrash I prefer Sodom and Kreator (except for that shitty stage around 2000). Tom Angleripper has also done some really tough and gritty stuff outside of Sodom which I like, and Bonded are also a band I listen to a lot more than Destruction.

Yeah well I wouldn't bother putting the next single on the list. I don't mind that song, there is a good riff, the female vocals are okay, the song isn't terrible, but the next one released last year is a lot softer. Good on him for playing what he wants but I don't think it's for me.
Oh. Yeah I have a really hard time getting into female singers. Doro, Liv Sin and I guess Heart are all I can get into. And I don't listen to Heart lol. But I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: Slammed
:lol:

Went through Destruction's discography last week in anticipation of the new album. Their 80s albums are on another level:kickass:
Eternal Devastation might be their best but through Cracked Brain they released some bangers. Surprised The Antichrist doesn't get more love, but am glad to see Day of Reckoning seems to be highly regarded.

The last time Destruction toured near me was in 2014 and I paid all of $40 to get a ticket to the gig, a t-shirt, and a meet in greet with the guys. The night of the show they did the meet and greet during Krisiun's set, right before Destruction went on stage. There were 3 of us who paid for the meet and greet...and the other two guys were total tools so I didn't stay long. Got on the tour bus, Schmier offered me a beer, which I normally don't drink beer, but when a German Metal Musician offers you a beer, you accept! :kickass: Shot the shit with them for a few minutes, drank my beer quickly, got a picture, and got the hell back into the show because I didn't want to miss Krisiun. And the other two guys were major fuckheads.
Haha. I'm the same way with beer. Just never developed a taste for it. But I would have drank that one too!

Oh. Yeah I have a really hard time getting into female singers. Doro, Liv Sin and I guess Heart are all I can get into. And I don't listen to Heart lol. But I'll give it a shot.

I don't think she's bad in the first single. She's so so in the second, but it's not her that ruins the second, it's a pretend metal :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
And he hasn't spoken of this in 30 years? I'm not sure I believe him. And how's it any kind of statement if nobody even knows about it? Whatever. Classless.

Yeah seems odd, but then maybe two years on the sidelines has allowed him to remember stories like these. Ozzy's famous for pissing on the Alamo, Dave just wanted his five minutes of glory for the same thing.

Reactions: redfly
Man there are so many better songs to play from the Ritual album.

And they look like they are just cruising through it. I don't know where the song was in the set but no one's really moving, no one seems to be giving it much more than 80%. I'm sure that's not true but it's what I thought when I watched it.

Yeah seems odd, but then maybe two years on the sidelines has allowed him to remember stories like these. Ozzy's famous for pissing on the Alamo, Dave just wanted his five minutes of glory for the same thing.
I don't think I'm going to like Senior Dave much.. I wasn't crazy about Dave Senior. But I'll reserve total judgment for the album.

Reactions: Slammed