The what's going on in Thrash thread

This popped up on my FB while I was out.

• Dark Angel Official Is Still Writing Material For Long-Awaited Comeback Album

I'm starting to think it's an automated message that is set to post every 6 months.

Reactions: redfly
But Suicidal went from Punk to Thrash. What's to look down on?

Join The Army addressed more than just punk v thrash though. In the early days there was quite a few stories about fights between fans for different reasons. Mordred I remember copped it for being closer to rap than metal (however now days they are referred to as funk not rap) but I don't remember it being the fans, more so the media. Same thing happened to Manowar, they dressed like gay men in a body building contest and it started the whole bullshit that only gay people like Manowar. The Manowar thing is still prevalent, even on this forum, so is the Anthrax hate. People latch onto something an let it cloud their judgement of everything else.

Not quiet thrash, actually not sure what it is, but I guess it's another step closer to a new album.

Join The Army addressed more than just punk v thrash though. In the early days there was quite a few stories about fights between fans for different reasons. Mordred I remember copped it for being closer to rap than metal (however now days they are referred to as funk not rap) but I don't remember it being the fans, more so the media. Same thing happened to Manowar, they dressed like gay men in a body building contest and it started the whole bullshit that only gay people like Manowar. The Manowar thing is still prevalent, even on this forum, so is the Anthrax hate. People latch onto something an let it cloud their judgement of everything else.
You mean because Suicidal had funky bass? I never heard them get any shit here. Anthrax hate? on this forum?

Reactions: Slammed
It's Pepper's Corrosion :) Southern Sabbathy metal. Sounds a lot like something from Wiseblood.

I suppose, I'm still not sold yet. I don't hate it and I probably could listen to a whole album of it but I'm not sure if that album would become a high rotation album.

You mean because Suicidal had funky bass? I never heard them get any shit here. Anthrax hate? on this forum?

Metal Hammer and the like constantly referred to the shorts, the funkiness and the bandannas as a point of contention through the 80's. They even reported on gigs that were shut down because of fans of different sides fighting with each other. The song Join The Army was based on what the guys in the band were seeing at their shows and they wanted everyone to get along for the sake of music. I'm sure there is other songs of theirs that have a similar theme in them.

As for Anthrax, was only a few weeks ago that some people on here made comments about how terrible they are, references to their skateboard and shorts in a negative way. It's all just pissing contest and bands like Manowar cop it as well but it doesn't change the fact that people can't simply dislike a band they have to make up stupid reasons for their dislike then try and make it some sort of competition with anyone who disagrees with them.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/de...getting-inspired-by-newer-thrash-metal-bands/

He makes a point, going back to the original inspiration is always a good journey but I'm hardly surprised that he doesn't find inspiration in many newer bands.

It's good that he's listening to them and not hiding inside a bubble where only the past exists though because that would more than likely see him writing the same stuff all the time.

Metal Hammer and the like constantly referred to the shorts, the funkiness and the bandannas as a point of contention through the 80's. They even reported on gigs that were shut down because of fans of different sides fighting with each other. The song Join The Army was based on what the guys in the band were seeing at their shows and they wanted everyone to get along for the sake of music. I'm sure there is other songs of theirs that have a similar theme in them.

As for Anthrax, was only a few weeks ago that some people on here made comments about how terrible they are, references to their skateboard and shorts in a negative way. It's all just pissing contest and bands like Manowar cop it as well but it doesn't change the fact that people can't simply dislike a band they have to make up stupid reasons for their dislike then try and make it some sort of competition with anyone who disagrees with them.
Hmm, like I said before I only ever read RIP and the other mags were just for pics. I don't remember any of that lol. And like you said. It's stupid.

By on here, do you mean the Testament forum the Anthrax one or some other forum here?

Reactions: Slammed