The what's going on in Thrash thread

Good for Dark Angel! Come out of nowhere, no new album and still headline :headbang:

I think the hype of Dark Angel is very strong and I think the fans really do want something so I can imagine they've had a few offers. Must be a hell of an effort lining everyone up to do any gig but a European gig must be a nightmare.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
All people spoke about since the dawn of time was seeing the four bands who 'started' trash play together on the same bill. Over time people saw two or three of them play together but the never all of them and they reminisced about what could be. For many it was a long time coming and the nostalgia of the idea outweighed the enjoyment of the shows.

For me it was four good bands, because even Metallica still kicked arse on stage back then. Dave being sick didn't help him and Megadeth but to me it was still only four reasonable performances. Whether it was the competition that existed between them, conscious or otherwise, I think all four put on much better solo shows than they did together in Bulgaria.

It's unlikely we'd ever get the big four down here if it toured because the cost would be too prohibitive but I'd rather pay to see four separate concerts than one big one simply because they are the bands that supposedly started thrash music.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/anthraxs-scott-ian-says-donald-trump-fooled-30-percent-of-america/

This is a few days old now but I must have missed it. The headline is only a small part of the story but honestly Scott comes off as a real dick when he does interviews like this. He (and the band) were only joking when they wrote songs that could be deemed offensive by certain groups and this is some how proven because they also wrote a song about milk. But anyone else who does things he doesn't like in today's climate is racist.

He's right about every one being entitled to an opinion and my opinion is that he's dick and ought to keep his mouth shut. As they say people in glass houses should not throw stones walk around naked.

So apparently the New Sanctuary album is titled “Dead Again” and due within the next few months!

Reactions: redfly
Yeah there doesn't seem to be much info on it but it has been talked about a few times in the last 12 months, supposedly more of an old school thrash album (sounds like what annihilator said about their latest album). Some sites claim it was to be released late this year and others claim next year. I saw one site claiming March but I'm not sure any of then are based on anything factual.

Well it seems like the talk of release dates before his death was really just speculation. There seems to be reports dating back before the album they released this year that confirm the album was either made or in the process of being made but I haven't found one site that has claimed a release date for Dead Again, or that the album was in fact finished.

All people spoke about since the dawn of time was seeing the four bands who 'started' trash play together on the same bill. Over time people saw two or three of them play together but the never all of them and they reminisced about what could be. For many it was a long time coming and the nostalgia of the idea outweighed the enjoyment of the shows.

For me it was four good bands, because even Metallica still kicked arse on stage back then. Dave being sick didn't help him and Megadeth but to me it was still only four reasonable performances. Whether it was the competition that existed between them, conscious or otherwise, I think all four put on much better solo shows than they did together in Bulgaria.

It's unlikely we'd ever get the big four down here if it toured because the cost would be too prohibitive but I'd rather pay to see four separate concerts than one big one simply because they are the bands that supposedly started thrash music.
Yeah but they are all still living breathing bands that tour and make new music. That's not nostalgia, that's a kick ass bill.

Back then? lol You make it sound like it was 20 plus years ago. Metallica's stage presence was all they had going for them. Same weak vocals and guitar fuck ups same lazy drums. And James turning every song into a sing along. Slayer was Slayer. Anthrax sounded great and had tons of energy and Megadeth sounded amazing.

Yeah but they are all still living breathing bands that tour and make new music. That's not nostalgia, that's a kick ass bill.

Back then? lol You make it sound like it was 20 plus years ago. Metallica's stage presence was all they had going for them. Same weak vocals and guitar fuck ups same lazy drums. And James turning every song into a sing along. Slayer was Slayer. Anthrax sounded great and had tons of energy and Megadeth sounded amazing.

Nostalgia doesn't only relate to living, breathing or currently existing. One can easily be nostalgic for what those four bands represented back in their hey days. Many people hoped the Big4 was going to be the four bands who 'started' the genre playing like they did when they were the Big4, instead they got bands that while good, were not playing at the top of their game and that was evident in their shows. People were nostalgic for what once was, not what actually was. So of course there was nostalgia for something that many of the fans wanted but didn't actually get.

I didn't realise "back then" had a time frame on it. Bulgaria was 7 years ago, a lot has happened in 7 years, to me it is "back then".

There is five or six threads on here for the guy, that's more effort than any of the other guys in more noted bands who died this year got.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Nostalgia doesn't only relate to living, breathing or currently existing. One can easily be nostalgic for what those four bands represented back in their hey days. Many people hoped the Big4 was going to be the four bands who 'started' the genre playing like they did when they were the Big4, instead they got bands that while good, were not playing at the top of their game and that was evident in their shows. People were nostalgic for what once was, not what actually was. So of course there was nostalgia for something that many of the fans wanted but didn't actually get.

I didn't realise "back then" had a time frame on it. Bulgaria was 7 years ago, a lot has happened in 7 years, to me it is "back then".
I suppose if you are thinking of it that way. I do whole heartedly disagree about the performances though. Except Metallica who to me is just going through the motions. But Megadeth killed it. Dave came out all business, they were tight and sounded great. So yes There could be a little more movement lol. We know Dave couldn't headbang but Jr could've lol. Maybe it was solidarity. Anthrax also sounded great and did a lot of moving around. They still acted hungry. And slayer is Slayer lol

Lol, Time holds very little meaning to me