The what's going on in Thrash thread

I always wished he'd found his way to a more high profile band. If for no other reason than that he should have more music out there. Him and Gustafson.

There is always that little bit of wonder of what might be if guys like that did release more stuff, or just had that one song that made them household names.

Well there's some hype. Don't get me wrong it's better than the bands that just throw a video out there and don't do much for it. but this better be a damn good video!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't remember Megadeth hyping a video this much before so it has to be something good or people will not be happy.

The Megadeth news is the Lying In State video but also 35 years of Megadeth and Dave's got a big year planned with give aways and Cyber Army exclusives and other stuff. There's articles on pretty much ever site and a video on megadeth.com

The big tour with Slayer, Testament, LOG etc has actually been confirmed as opposed to only having one official date. But Slayer have also confirmed it's one more tour then retirement. It's hard to tell whether they are confirming one more album because of 'business matters' but King also says he has 8 songs for a new album.

New Sodom line up looks kinds of impressive. Moving to a four piece after all this time is a big change but the players look like they could add something impressive to the Sodom discography

Reactions: redfly
The Megadeth news is the Lying In State video but also 35 years of Megadeth and Dave's got a big year planned with give aways and Cyber Army exclusives and other stuff. There's articles on pretty much ever site and a video on megadeth.com
Yeah too bad all that cool merch stuff is for the cyber members. :bah:

Reactions: Slammed
The big tour with Slayer, Testament, LOG etc has actually been confirmed as opposed to only having one official date. But Slayer have also confirmed it's one more tour then retirement. It's hard to tell whether they are confirming one more album because of 'business matters' but King also says he has 8 songs for a new album.
Shit man. I don't like hearing that.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah too bad all that cool merch stuff is for the cyber members. :bah:

Yeah I agree, although I suppose in truth I probably wouldn't buy much of it anyway. I'll buy albums but I'm not big on mechandise and stuff these days, even band shirts don't fill my wardrode like they used to.

Shit man. I don't like hearing that.

Kerry has been quoted as saying he still sees a few more albums in Slayer yet so who really knows what the future is for them. I guess they could end up being a studio band only. But I also feel for Tom a bit. He's been headbanging for years and it's always been a part of his stage performance, to be told he can't do it because of neck surgery must suck.

Kerry has been quoted as saying he still sees a few more albums in Slayer yet so who really knows what the future is for them. I guess they could end up being a studio band only. But I also feel for Tom a bit. He's been headbanging for years and it's always been a part of his stage performance, to be told he can't do it because of neck surgery must suck.
It does sound like Tom has had it, but who knows maybe he'll get bored. I feel bad for Kerry he really sounded kind of excited for the future.
It's just hard wrapping my head around a world without Slayer. I would be cool if they still made albums but didn't really tour.

People just don't get this Big4 thing. Someone on blabber says there's a spot open for the Big4...no that's not how it works! lol

It does sound like Tom has had it, but who knows maybe he'll get bored. I feel bad for Kerry he really sounded kind of excited for the future.
It's just hard wrapping my head around a world without Slayer. I would be cool if they still made albums but didn't really tour.

People just don't get this Big4 thing. Someone on blabber says there's a spot open for the Big4...no that's not how it works! lol

Tom's got his statue in a Ukraine zoo now, I think he's achieved everything he can possibly hope to achieve :)

That is kind of funny, one band out and a new one comes in. The Rock n Roll hall of fame and other such things should work the same. Every time a band retires or disbands they get removed from whatever accolades they have and a new one comes in.

ukranian-zoo-araya-statue-2.jpg

Exodus will be fine, there is room in the Big 4 now :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
It does look pretty cool as far as statues go that quite often look terrible. Apparently it all came about because the owner of the zoo is a fan, or something like that.