The what's going on in Thrash thread

It really does seem like some labels these days are promoting people downloading their music illegally.
So it came today and it's a pretty cool package. I think it's supposed to look like what an 8 track came in. But the case for cd. Holy crap man, now that I have it open it's even cheaper than I thought. It's literally cardboard just folded maybe a touch of glue. It's so bad it doesn't even close, just sits there wide. I feel like the whole thing is gonna come apart. I'm nervous for the next Testament and Overkill.
Someone do something about this! lol

Reactions: Slammed
Someone do something about this! lol

You just have, you mention 8 tracks. When the record companies read that they will think 8 tracks are having a revival and in 12 months time it will be retro to buy you new albums on 8 track instead of CD.

Reactions: redfly
If he gets his songs by thinking black and white then I don't have a problem with it. Songs like Terrible Certainty and As the World Burns etc are great songs no mater what colour he thinks :)

Reactions: redfly
Another old fart in the ranks, Janick Gers was 61 the other day, but I don't feel that bad because Mike Patton was 50 on the same day and I thought he was older than that.

I believe he has helped Kerry write some songs. I also note that Tom hasn't said outright that he wants to quit playing, just touring so there is still a good chance that the 8 songs Kerry says are written will make the next Slayer album with Holt included.

Holt's also said he's written a lot of stuff for the next Exodus album so I think the guy is keeping busy no matter where he thinks he's going to end up.

I imagine Gary Holt has to be somewhat disappointed. When Repentless came out, Gary Holt mentioned that he would love to help write the next album.
I know! I feel as bad for Holt as I do for Kerry lol I know he was really looking forward to writing for them, and I'm sure it would have great. But Kerry really likes Holt so I'm hoping they'll do something. They need the right frontman though.
I'm always trying not to type Kerry and Gary lol

Reactions: Slammed