The what's going on in Thrash thread

What kind of bullshit is this that only the megaclub can see the video? It's so stupid I have to laugh.

I get the impression that we are going too see more of that fan club only stuff over the 35 year celebration. They in a year or so it will get released as a 'bonus disc' on the next CD

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
http://www.metalinjection.net/lates...-shows-suggests-big-three-shows-as-a-solution

I guess the one thing that is certain is that we will never really know who the hold up is on these gigs. There has been so much said about both Dave and Metallica holding them up that I'm not even sure the bands know the truth any more. But the author is probably right, without Metallica they wouldn't be the same gig, or anywhere near as successful.

Reactions: redfly
Did they actually kick you off? I don't think I've logged on to the Megadeth forums for at least 5 years. I keep getting the occasional reminder that I'm a member of Iron Maiden and BLS forums but I can't remember logging on there for just as long

http://www.metalinjection.net/lates...-shows-suggests-big-three-shows-as-a-solution

I guess the one thing that is certain is that we will never really know who the hold up is on these gigs. There has been so much said about both Dave and Metallica holding them up that I'm not even sure the bands know the truth any more. But the author is probably right, without Metallica they wouldn't be the same gig, or anywhere near as successful.
They do the big 3 shows don't they? Just not under that name. And no it wouldn't be as successful. You need Metallica there (or this version of them) it's better for the other bands exposure. But it would be cool if Metallica did a real thrash fest. Not just the big4, but along with the other noteworthy bands of the time. Maybe limit it to the bands that have kept going consistently.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Did they actually kick you off? I don't think I've logged on to the Megadeth forums for at least 5 years. I keep getting the occasional reminder that I'm a member of Iron Maiden and BLS forums but I can't remember logging on there for just as long
They closed the normal forums and made it all pay Cyber arny. Now you can join the cyber army for free and only have access to the forums but don't get any swag. So I don't know what the point was or when that started.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
They do the big 3 shows don't they? Just not under that name. And no it wouldn't be as successful. You need Metallica there (or this version of them) it's better for the other bands exposure. But it would be cool if Metallica did a real thrash fest. Not just the big4, but along with the other noteworthy bands of the time. Maybe limit it to the bands that have kept going consistently.

The slightly annoying thing is that neither Dave or the media that keep the idea alive say why Metallica aren't on board. I don't know what Metallica are doing for the next twelve months, I assume they are still supporting their last album, but it's all good and well to suggest Metallica wont get on board but if they are booked for the period of time in question it's not surprising they are saying no. For me until there is some evidence and not just rehashed words of one or two, stating why the event can't take place I think it's a bit unfair blaming anyone.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
They closed the normal forums and made it all pay Cyber arny. Now you can join the cyber army for free and only have access to the forums but don't get any swag. So I don't know what the point was or when that started.

Oh, I guess it really is a long time since I checked there because I didn't realise they had changed it like that. I was never overly active on the forum but it was one of the first band forums, if not the first metal band forum, I remember and I reckon it must date back to late 90's.

Reactions: redfly
The slightly annoying thing is that neither Dave or the media that keep the idea alive say why Metallica aren't on board. I don't know what Metallica are doing for the next twelve months, I assume they are still supporting their last album, but it's all good and well to suggest Metallica wont get on board but if they are booked for the period of time in question it's not surprising they are saying no. For me until there is some evidence and not just rehashed words of one or two, stating why the event can't take place I think it's a bit unfair blaming anyone.
Yeah if anything I would more suspect Metallica's management. They are the only band with nothing to gain. Except street cred and they don't really seem to care about that do they lol. Especially after reading what Peter Mensch said about ticket prices lol. We tripled them because we could.Lol

Oh, I guess it really is a long time since I checked there because I didn't realise they had changed it like that. I was never overly active on the forum but it was one of the first band forums, if not the first metal band forum, I remember and I reckon it must date back to late 90's.
Fuck yeah! Megadeth Arizona!:kickass:

Reactions: Neptune
Yeah if anything I would more suspect Metallica's management. They are the only band with nothing to gain. Except street cred and they don't really seem to care about that do they lol. Especially after reading what Peter Mensch said about ticket prices lol. We tripled them because we could.Lol

The egos from at least two of the band would be pretty hard to control at times I imagine, and I bet there would be a hole bunch of media willing to try and make more about things said than were actually said. Lars and James probably do deserve to be paid more than anyone else though, I mean they are extra special.

Actually I imagine the negotiations would be a nightmare too. If the article above is correct and Metallica shirts made up 3/4 of the crowd then I'd imagine them and their management wouldn't think twice about demanding they get a much larger portion of the pot than the other three bands.

Reactions: Neptune
Fuck yeah! Megadeth Arizona!:kickass:

I loved the website banner. So flash for the 90's :)
Megadeth-Arizona.jpg

Reactions: redfly and Neptune