The what's going on in Thrash thread

TEE HEE :headbang:
I see Blabber is still using the group photo with the drummer who was in for 10 minutes lol

Same goes for so many pictures on that site. It's almost like the articles are rarely new, the commentors post the same shit day in and day out, so why put new images up.

Reactions: redfly
Oh yeah! I guess I’m not the only fuck up lol!Seems like they’re eager to return to the studio now that Jason is on board.It’s only been a year since The Grinding Wheel has been released.But that’s their work ethic,good for them and good for us I hope!!!

They are here in Oz by the end of the month so they are keeping busy, maybe some of the audiences here will get to hear the new music.

Reactions: Neptune
Nah, can't make it. I live three hours from the city, with work, kids and other commitments I can't afford the time for many concerts these days.

Although lets face it Overkill is Overkill and each new album is hardly ground breaking but very few are a let down.
I'm actually let down quite a bit. I think the last couple albums have gotten one or two spins. It's just the repetition. I don't even think they know they are doing it because according to Blitz he has notes all over telling him not to. But vocal melodies and riffs are repeated way too much. And I know they are better than that! They have some killer albums!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I'm actually let down quite a bit. I think the last couple albums have gotten one or two spins. It's just the repetition. I don't even think they know they are doing it because according to Blitz he has notes all over telling him not to. But vocal melodies and riffs are repeated way too much. And I know they are better than that! They have some killer albums!

Horrorscope is and probably always will be my favourite but I still think there is a lot to like on Grinding Wheel, I was listening to it the other day and I still think it's one of the better "old school" trash band albums of recent years, but it's not overly new or inventive.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Or do I mean toilet? looking at that hair lol

Turn him upside down and he does look like an effective toilet brush.
Maybe he's going for the Troll's look, he already acts like Justine Timberlake, singing the theme song from Trolls would fit with Larz these days.

Same here, I keep hoping for them to return to form.But who am I to judge!

Horrorscope is and probably always will be my favourite but I still think there is a lot to like on Grinding Wheel, I was listening to it the other day and I still think it's one of the better "old school" trash band albums of recent years, but it's not overly new or inventive.
Horrorscope is a great album my favorite right after Years Of Decay. I really like the Song Grinding Wheel.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
For me the worst years were between I Hear Black and ReilXIV, I didn't dislike what they were doing but I wasn't really listening to them much, from Immortilis, maybe Ironbound, onward I think things have been in the rise, not back to the old days but getting closer to it with Grinding Wheel. But like I've said they have always been unmistakably Overkill

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Their catalog is so damn huge so at least we can’t say they don’t offer up quite a bit of variety anyway!

Last edited: