The what's going on in Thrash thread

Hmmm my comment was in reference to our PM apologising on behalf of me and anyone else alive today for something that happened 80 years ago, something very few of us were alive for let alone needed to apologise for. You referenced that I explained it.

I also suggested that Lip's apology was as empty as Phil's and so many others like Phil. However people defended Phil as not being a racist despite having a history of making racist rants.

Reactions: redfly
I think that is personal opinion about phil's apology. But calling your PM a dickhead for apologizing however long ago that was sounds like an emotional response. Just saying everyone has feelings and misery spreads misery.

Reactions: Slammed
Haha calling our PM a dickhead is a term of endearment in this country, most of them wish they could rise to the heights of dickhead.

Dickhead obviously doesn't have the same offensive connotations here that it does there. You can not spend ten minutes with a bunch of guys anywhere without the term dickhead coming up. It's not an emotional thing to call a guy a dickhead.

Misery spreads? Kind of like a Canadian making a stupid comment about America and shitload of American's getting upset and wanting their chance for a rebuttal?

Hmm well, you brought up your PM twice, called a bunch of people triggered, brought in the media (again) and for some reason Phil out of nowhere. Pardon me but you sound like you're the one who is a little triggered. And people posting their opinion about it on blabber is no different than what you are doing on here.

The PM connection was an example you didn't seem to understand so I explained it, obviously since you're suggesting I brought it up twice you still don't understand it, but that's fine I'm still offended by a Canadian telling America they are fat and lazy.

The PM connection was an example you didn't seem to understand so I explained it, obviously since you're suggesting I brought it up twice you still don't understand it, but that's fine I'm still offended by a Canadian telling America they are fat and lazy.
LOL I understood it perfectly, my point was you sound disgruntled about it. Whether you are or not is a different story. But lots of things sound worse than they are in print.. by the way my response to him has absolutely nothing to do with him being Canadian. Not sure where you're getting that from.
WTF is a POM?

LOL I understood it perfectly, my point was you sound disgruntled about it. Whether you are or not is a different story. But lots of things sound worse than they are in print.. by the way my response to him has absolutely nothing to do with him being Canadian. Not sure where you're getting that from.
WTF is a POM?

I'll get you an urban dictionary for christmas...oh and an aussie slang dictionary

I think if anything this hurts sales.

It probably does but I'm sure you'll still get PR people suggesting they can make good sales from bad press, especially when they can't control some people, which is what it seems like with KK. I'm more surprised that the PR/record company has allowed both Rob and Ian to have a say especially when it seems Rob only made things worse because he misread exactly what KK was saying.

It probably does but I'm sure you'll still get PR people suggesting they can make good sales from bad press, especially when they can't control some people, which is what it seems like with KK. I'm more surprised that the PR/record company has allowed both Rob and Ian to have a say especially when it seems Rob only made things worse because he misread exactly what KK was saying.
Well, but did he though? It's easy for KK to go back and say oh I meant this not that. I heard the way Rob heard it. KK really left that open to interpretation.
I'm sure sales will be fine, I but so many people are pissed about this and saying Priest is done and that they have basically done KK dirty. Bad press is one thing but bad blood makes some fans choose sides. One thing I don't get. KK kinda of sounds like he wanted them to ask him so they can go out the right way. But I've gotten the impression that Priest isn't stopping after this? So what would KK do then? Leave again?Because I think that could do even more damage.

Yeah I don't really know. Looking at exactly what Rob replied too I think he was probably a little off the mark, but I don't disagree with him because if KK hadn't come out with his silly rant Rob wouldn't have had his. So whether KK actually meant it the way it came out or not the entire thing would have been avoided if he hadn't tried to get his name in the press in the first place.

I think they have hyped this album so well (and maybe the music will back it up) that the bad press wont effect it. I'm not sure the current KK outburst has won or lost them any fans, I imagine many of them already had their minds made up and were just looking for an outlet to voice it.

Yeah I'd call it a 50/50 split on blabbermouth comments so that's indicative of real world isn't it :)