The what's going on in Thrash thread

You know, I gotta give Rob some credit actually. KK threw out a few things there..live performance, his legacy not being appreciated. And "certain" members not wanting him back. And Rob didn't take the bait. He only commented on Tippton's playing on the album. Maybe management did have some input who knows? But this thing could have been worse lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Slammed
I seem to remember that the part of Rob's comment he copped it for was in relation to KK's comment about money and that KK's wording was misread. That part, which was addressed in KK's response was fair enough I think. But the rest of what Rob said was fine, and pretty much echoed by Ian.

Things could still get worse KK could respond to Ian :)

Reactions: redfly
I can't remember it all but Rob's main point seemed to be about something misread/misinterpreted.

If KK comes back again it's really going to show a petty side of him (if he hasn't already done that).

Maybe KK said he was retiring and he meant he was going to bed so he's been sitting at home all this time waiting for a call to tell him everyone else has woken up and ready to got to work.

I bet that's exactly what happened lol

Well he is old and probably forgetful

I actually like them because it shows me if it's something worth buying or not. Nothing worse than being excited about a purchase and then getting it and it's not what you thought or hoped.

I can understand that but I guess I don't buy much that I don't already know what is in the box

Gruesome are a band that has pretty much tried to reproduce the Death sound and essence. They aren't a cover band but their music is a lot like Death so much so that they've used a lot of the old Death techniques. The new album apparently represents the Spiritual Healing era of Death where they did some different things and changed their sound a bit.

You made a comment the other day about Dave SNR being the only one to sign the posters. Seem he's the only one signing anything that available on the Cyber Army contests for the 35th year celebrations. Maybe JNR's too busy making coffee.
https://www.megadeth.com/contests

Gruesome are a band that has pretty much tried to reproduce the Death sound and essence. They aren't a cover band but their music is a lot like Death so much so that they've used a lot of the old Death techniques. The new album apparently represents the Spiritual Healing era of Death where they did some different things and changed their sound a bit.

I'm intrigued but also not sure I want that lol I will have to check it out. The only thing lacking for me on Spiritual Healing was the drums. They are just so much better starting with Human it's hard not to notice. Too bad Murphy hadn't done a second album with Chuck.

You made a comment the other day about Dave SNR being the only one to sign the posters. Seem he's the only one signing anything that available on the Cyber Army contests for the 35th year celebrations. Maybe JNR's too busy making coffee.
https://www.megadeth.com/contests
I just don't get it. It'd be such a better presentation if Jr signed also. I just really don't understand. Is he really that Greedy? For me Jr's bass is a big part of the Megadeth sound.

I'm intrigued but also not sure I want that lol I will have to check it out. The only thing lacking for me on Spiritual Healing was the drums. They are just so much better starting with Human it's hard not to notice. Too bad Murphy hadn't done a second album with Chuck.

They aren't trying to be a Death clone but since there is no more Death they do fill a bit of a void for me.

I just don't get it. It'd be such a better presentation if Jr signed also. I just really don't understand. Is he really that Greedy? For me Jr's bass is a big part of the Megadeth sound.

Yeah I can't really figure out a reason for it either. I'm not big on buying autographed stuff, especially not something that isn't a collectable, but to me it's not a collectable with only one signature on it so I wont even consider it.

Just listened to Dimensions In horror and wow the music really really is like Death! I'd probably be where you are with this band if I hadn't so recently gotten into Death. It's still new to me lol
I will most likely have to pick this up at some point lol

I'm not sure if it's on a wiki or their own webpage but they do explain why they are so like Death and how it's more of a tribute than a rip off. I can;t remember the exact details but I do remember reading it.