The what's going on in Thrash thread

I tend to buy CD's for the 'nice to have' factor but not so much DVD's. I suppose I could always rip the DVD's and listen to them as I do many of the CD's but for some reason I don't.

Reactions: redfly
Our kids are still happy to play a PS2 :)

Although one of the big reasons I haven't jumped to a blue ray is because I don't want the temptation of replacing all the DVD's!

The kids love the PS2 because they don't really know any different and they aren't looking at games catalogues to see all the new release stuff. But one of our friends has a PS4 so they just give us all the PS2 games when the kids complete the ones we've got. The kids think they are getting new games every few months :)

Yeah I tend not play games these days and I really haven't even been a console person, always a PC person. And these days I'm less and less of a movie person. I've got so many movies on DVD that I've only watched once and could probably have done without buying and I tend to think I'd do the same if I got a blue ray player.

I'll be the envy of the street :)

I remember back in the early 00's my grand father, who used to haunt second hand markets, brought us a video machine to fix. Told us he paid $50 for it and he even got some tapes with it but it needed fixing and he was told it was an easy fix so if we fixed it he'd have it back. Turned out to be a friggen BetaMax machine, even in the 00's if we could have fixed it we'd have been hard pressed to get the parts because BetaMax were so old.

That didn't tease me half as much as the guy who posted on here the other day about how Dime's death was an FBI cover up, then followed it up with a similar story about someone else I don't remember. :p