The what's going on in Thrash thread

I'm not super familiar with them except the name. But I'll give it a listen.

Like Metal Church their first few albums were good, then they died off with member changes and stuff. Their first few albums were a lot more thrashy and fitting of the time when they were playing with bands like Testament and Metal Church etc. Claims are this album is a bit more back to that style. I'm not holding out hopes it's back to 80's thrash entirely but I haven't bought an album for a few weeks and I don't think anything else is out this week.

Reactions: redfly
Actually both Cruachan and Kobra And The Lotus have albums out this week which I will have to preview to see if they are worth buying. Anthrax DVD is also out but I don't think I'll bother with that.

Oh really? I've only seen it on their website and it's annoying on there as well lol. The shirts just aren't that great imo
I do like Testament's Dark Roots cover jersey but just way to much $. Now if it was Return to the apocalyptic city cover I'd probably spend the $

Reactions: Slammed
Like Metal Church their first few albums were good, then they died off with member changes and stuff. Their first few albums were a lot more thrashy and fitting of the time when they were playing with bands like Testament and Metal Church etc. Claims are this album is a bit more back to that style. I'm not holding out hopes it's back to 80's thrash entirely but I haven't bought an album for a few weeks and I don't think anything else is out this week.
Funny, I don't really love the first Metal Church albums. I'm a Howe fan :D

Actually both Cruachan and Kobra And The Lotus have albums out this week which I will have to preview to see if they are worth buying. Anthrax DVD is also out but I don't think I'll bother with that.
I'll get the Anthrax...IF, they have 4 or more newer songs lol Not holding my breath.

Oh really? I've only seen it on their website and it's annoying on there as well lol. The shirts just aren't that great imo
I do like Testament's Dark Roots cover jersey but just way to much $. Now if it was Return to the apocalyptic city cover I'd probably spend the $

Are they licenced sport jerseys? In this country as soon as they add the logo of the sports brand the price triples.

They do need to beef it up in the sound department, the last I really liked and the production was clear but it was also thin. And I couldn't get into the Ronnie albums at all.

I might have a different opinion if I listened to Metal Church throughout the whole time, but I really didn't listen to them much from about 2000 to about 2012

I hunted out the back catalogue I missed out on and I didn't hate it but I just never listened to it as much. Kind of like Exodus and Overkill, I know their 2000-ish stuff but no where near as well as I know their older stuff or their more recent stuff.

I just bought Metal Church's Hanging In The Balance on cd for $27 Some of them were well over $100.
I thought $27 was a lot lol. But totally worth it as it's the only Mike Howe cd I didn't have. I only had that on the cassette that wouldn't play.
I have everything Overkill. I still have some catching up to do with Exodus on CD.

$27 isn't that overpriced for a CD here.

I've got all of Overkill and Exodus but whether I listen to the physical media or on the computer I just seem to gravitate to the same stuff. It's not really a conscious decision but it happens.

Oh, no probably not for a used CD in general. At a pawn shop/second hand shop they are usually about $15-20. Although I do know several music shops that will sell harder second hand CD's for $50+ if they know there is a market for it. Fleabay has stopped a bit of that profiteering though.

I refuse to use itunes, I'd rather go with out music :)

I use spotify and YT to preview a bit but I still buy most from either the local shop or Amazon, I just have to be careful to use Amazon US rather than Amazon Aus because if they have to get shit from the US postage makes it too expensive.