The what's going on in Thrash thread

I agree, it would be nice. It was good to hear when Bruce beat his cancer and even better to hear him come back and continue singing. This guy's is a different cancer but I can't help wondering if maybe his way of singing makes it harder for him to come back than Bruce.
You just never know with that shit

Reactions: Slammed
Gonna check it out

I think the album Stand in The Fire was probably more regarded by many but I like the first one.
And I'd love to know what state of mind they were in when they wrote the song Fuck Volcanoes.

Reactions: redfly
Fuck volcanoes
Spewing shit into the sky
Stupid assholes
Iceland why don't you go die?
Fuck volcanoes
They're seriously killing my buzz
Motherfuckers

I'm not entirely sure if they are pissed off with volcanoes or Iceland

I'd like to get this, even though it's dvd. Who knows how much longer things like this will be made. I just hope it's quality footage/interviews.
And if it's narrated it better be done well.

https://store.relapse.com/item/57152

Gene's been advertising that and another doco for something (maybe a particular scene at a particular time I don't remember) so there is still some docos being made but it appears they are getting really mixed reviews. We could always go back to the "Decline Of Western Civilisation" that was a classic and really well made doco :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
There is some good guitar work on the first single but I'm still not sold on the vocals. Doubt my local will get it in so if I do decide to get it I'll have to mail order it.

Yeah it really seems that all these new wave of thrash bands are all following the same formula vocal wise.It is discouraging,but I will still support them.I only post these download links to share and purchase the physical through their label.But your definitely right the cringe factor of the vocals can be almost unbearable,but it’s the interludes of acoustic parts as well as crushing riffs and soaring solos that have me sold ya know?!

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
I'll probably get Metal Allegiance because I have the first album and EP and I'll probably get it without previewing it first but I do wonder how much effort has really gone into this.

Jnr's been on and off tour with Megadeth. Blitz has been in the studio but they only got off tour about 3 months ago. Testament are still on tour (aren't they?). I know some guys like to keep busy but I wonder if this isn't rushed, or if it's been sitting around a while in pre-production.

I do find it interesting that the cover was created by a guy that has done Slayer, Machine Head, Soulfly and Hatebreed because the first thing I thought when I saw it was 2000 era Megadeth.

Yeah it really seems that all these new wave of thrash bands are all following the same formula vocal wise.It is discouraging,but I will still support them.I only post these download links to share and purchase the physical through their label.But your definitely right the cringe factor of the vocals can be almost unbearable,but it’s the interludes of acoustic parts as well as crushing riffs and soaring solos that have me sold ya know?!

Here's another band I like the guitar work with but loose it a bit on the vocal. I've got their first album and I do like listening to it but I really have to be in the right mood for the lyrics. I was kind of looking forward to the new album but I'm not sure if I'll get it when it comes out or not now.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I'll probably get Metal Allegiance because I have the first album and EP and I'll probably get it without previewing it first but I do wonder how much effort has really gone into this.

Jnr's been on and off tour with Megadeth. Blitz has been in the studio but they only got off tour about 3 months ago. Testament are still on tour (aren't they?). I know some guys like to keep busy but I wonder if this isn't rushed, or if it's been sitting around a while in pre-production.

I do find it interesting that the cover was created by a guy that has done Slayer, Machine Head, Soulfly and Hatebreed because the first thing I thought when I saw it was 2000 era Megadeth.
I have the first one and I like it mostly except the song with The chick from Arch Enemy. But I think I'm gonna skip this one. There just isn't enough there for me looking at the list of singers. The I'd have been interested in hearing is this one lol and I'm not gonna buy the whole album for it. I really wish they had done one album going all old school guests.

Reactions: Slammed
Here's another band I like the guitar work with but loose it a bit on the vocal. I've got their first album and I do like listening to it but I really have to be in the right mood for the lyrics. I was kind of looking forward to the new album but I'm not sure if I'll get it when it comes out or not now.

I really liked the song that Neptune posted. but Amazon doesn't have it. It didn't even come up in the search.

I have the first one and I like it mostly except the song with The chick from Arch Enemy. But I think I'm gonna skip this one. There just isn't enough there for me looking at the list of singers. The I'd have been interested in hearing is this one lol and I'm not gonna buy the whole album for it. I really wish they had done one album going all old school guests.

I'm a slave to my masters. If I buy the first album of something/someone and like it they usually get a free pass on the second offering.