The what's going on in Thrash thread

hmmmm maybe... It's ok but it's no Barry Manilow album?
(Honestly I can amuse myself with this all day)

But on a different note. Not that long ago off tour, straight into the studio, getting the tracks down in the studio and already another tour on the books. These guys are busier than Gary Holt.

Today, the band are pleased to announce an extended European tour for March 2019 in support of their upcoming, untitled new studio album. OVERKILL will be joining forces with the German cult thrash metal band and label mates DESTRUCTION, legendary thrash metallers FLOTSAM & JETSAM and up and coming Australian thrash squad MESHIAAK for the »KILLFEST TOUR 2019« .​

Reactions: redfly
LOL, Barry Manilow lol. That album was a total game changer for Testament. Just absolutely crushing. Just punches you right in the face! Taking no prisoners.

That sounds like a great fucking tour!

Last edited:
Reactions: Slammed
Every Barry Manilow album punches you in the face and just crushes everything!!! Barry rocks...retirement villages.

Yeah the tour sounds pretty good. I thought I'd jump on YT and see what that Aussie band listed sounds like, M-A list them as prog, but they definitely are thrash and might fit closer to FJ than Overkill. They only have one album out by the look of it and there is some cool riffing on two of the songs, the other is a bit dull. Might be interesting to see what they can get from a big tour and a new album.

Every Barry Manilow album punches you in the face and just crushes everything!!! Barry rocks...retirement villages.

Yeah the tour sounds pretty good. I thought I'd jump on YT and see what that Aussie band listed sounds like, M-A list them as prog, but they definitely are thrash and might fit closer to FJ than Overkill. They only have one album out by the look of it and there is some cool riffing on two of the songs, the other is a bit dull. Might be interesting to see what they can get from a big tour and a new album.
I wonder how long all the bands will play? Those three have a lot of history and there is no giant band headlining.

I wonder how long all the bands will play? Those three have a lot of history and there is no giant band headlining.

The way it sounds Overkill are the headliners, but it did come from their publicity department. Given Meshiaak only have one album out they are obviously going to open, but you're right the other three all have a big history. It's not quite as big as Slayer, Anthrax, Testament (and whoever else was on that tour) but it's fairly big. I think I remember reading each of the bands in the Slayer tour still get 90 mins with Slayer getting two hours but I guess that has to change depending on location and local rules. Four bands is a big night if they all get much more than an hour each.

I've always wondered why Dave is so driven by other people. It always takes someone else for him to push himself. At least the last 15 years or so.

Yeah that's an interesting point. There is a couple of articles with him (probably all from the same original interview I didn't look close enough) and in several different ways he's suggest Dirk's drumming or Kiko's guitar is making him a better player or making the songs better. I know he's constantly on the "this band is the best it can be" bandwagon whenever a player changes but saying they all make him better makes it sound like he's the shit player in the mix.

I read Testament is playing like half an hour on that tour

Oh ok, because when Gene was filling in for Charlie one of this first comments on FB was that he was pulling double stint and playing for more than two hours.

Yeah that's an interesting point. There is a couple of articles with him (probably all from the same original interview I didn't look close enough) and in several different ways he's suggest Dirk's drumming or Kiko's guitar is making him a better player or making the songs better. I know he's constantly on the "this band is the best it can be" bandwagon whenever a player changes but saying they all make him better makes it sound like he's the shit player in the mix.
Yeah that started with Marty then I think Broderick then Adler then Kiko now Dirk lol

Hmmmmmmmmm idk

Neither do I, suppose It could be 90mins for Anthrax and 30 mins for Testament but that's a hell of a difference even if Testament aren't as big of a draw card as Anthrax to some of the audience. Lamb Of God or someone is also on the tour from memory so if Testament get 30 mins they should only get one song :)