The what's going on in Thrash thread

Decided to watch it now instead. That lead singer dances around the stage like a demented puppet. And Lars should take lessons from beardy man on how to wear a skull cap and not look like a homeless bum.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Well the riffs were good apparently, Larz didn't like the idea that someone might steal his limelight. We know what he did to Jason and his bass on AJFA.

If I remember correctly there was some good bands on that Hellfest line up, would be interesting too see if any others come up.

Reactions: redfly
There is no doubt that Freidman and Menza helped Megadeth to where they were in 92 but even if you take them out of the equation I don't think I've seen the two Dave's play as well as they did in this show. The RIP tour came to us in the Feb of the same year, it was a smaller venue than the Odeon but geez the band were tight and preformed well. Was one of the best $38 I've ever spent buying tickets to that show.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
There is no doubt that Freidman and Menza helped Megadeth to where they were in 92 but even if you take them out of the equation I don't think I've seen the two Dave's play as well as they did in this show. The RIP tour came to us in the Feb of the same year, it was a smaller venue than the Odeon but geez the band were tight and preformed well. Was one of the best $38 I've ever spent buying tickets to that show.

They definitely gelled pretty well didn't they?!

Reactions: Slammed
I wonder if he thinks that actually looks cool or if he just can't help himself lol

No idea but from the days of ST to now I think he's made it a bit more extreme.

I can't believe how hard Mike works on that stage. He's panting his guts out by the second song. When ST were in Australia a few years after this video was recorded the stage was about half the size so he couldn't run as far, I wonder if that was a request from him because of how buggered he was getting.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/an...s-one-man-riot-spoken-word-tour-of-australia/

Damn this screams cheap in every way from the piss weak AC/DC text to the crappy picture. The only thing that doesn't scream cheap is the reported $140 VIP package. I suppose it could be testing the waters to actually get an Anthrax tour down here, i.e. sell some tickets then try to prove that those sales some how equate to how popular the band would be, because promoters so far haven't been convinced of an Anthrax solo tour and this is a cheaper way to loose money than a full blown tour. But even if it is a success I can't see this pulling more than 1/4 of the fans an actually Anthrax gig would. I'd like to be proven wrong but I just can't see it happening

I've seen Rollins do this kind of gig three times and I've got most of Rollins books. I also saw Biafra do it ages ago but to see Scott suggest he saw Rollins and thought he'd like to do it is not selling it for me. Rollins actually sold more tickets to his early spoken words gigs than he did to Rollins band shows, but he was sensible he did most of his spoken words shows during the comedy festivals. The shows themselves may not have been full blown comedy but during the festivals we have hundreds of acts on stage and thousands of people just going to shows every night for a month. Scott's way out of festival season, the only thing he'll have going for him is that it's not winter and fucking cold.

Just saw the updated ticket price. VIP from his website $140 but you get a book and maybe a beer. GA from the venue $71. I'd rather listen to his Daddy-in-law talk for that price (although he's not very welcome in Australia these days)

No idea but from the days of ST to now I think he's made it a bit more extreme.

I can't believe how hard Mike works on that stage. He's panting his guts out by the second song. When ST were in Australia a few years after this video was recorded the stage was about half the size so he couldn't run as far, I wonder if that was a request from him because of how buggered he was getting.
Ya I can see why he needed back surgery!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/an...s-one-man-riot-spoken-word-tour-of-australia/

Damn this screams cheap in every way from the piss weak AC/DC text to the crappy picture. The only thing that doesn't scream cheap is the reported $140 VIP package. I suppose it could be testing the waters to actually get an Anthrax tour down here, i.e. sell some tickets then try to prove that those sales some how equate to how popular the band would be, because promoters so far haven't been convinced of an Anthrax solo tour and this is a cheaper way to loose money than a full blown tour. But even if it is a success I can't see this pulling more than 1/4 of the fans an actually Anthrax gig would. I'd like to be proven wrong but I just can't see it happening

I've seen Rollins do this kind of gig three times and I've got most of Rollins books. I also saw Biafra do it ages ago but to see Scott suggest he saw Rollins and thought he'd like to do it is not selling it for me. Rollins actually sold more tickets to his early spoken words gigs than he did to Rollins band shows, but he was sensible he did most of his spoken words shows during the comedy festivals. The shows themselves may not have been full blown comedy but during the festivals we have hundreds of acts on stage and thousands of people just going to shows every night for a month. Scott's way out of festival season, the only thing he'll have going for him is that it's not winter and fucking cold.

Just saw the updated ticket price. VIP from his website $140 but you get a book and maybe a beer. GA from the venue $71. I'd rather listen to his Daddy-in-law talk for that price (although he's not very welcome in Australia these days)
Dude $140? fuck that.