The what's going on in Thrash thread

For sure, that's one thing Dragonlord has kicked ass in is the drum department. Not that the other guys are slouches. Was it not as heavy as expected?
Mine should be here Friday. Can't wait. Dimevision2 still hasn't shipped.
Too early to tell.

Reactions: redfly
Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Who and many others influenced what became metal. I was listening to them before I was listening to metal. Then when I started listening to metal I went back and listened to bands like Wishbone Ash, King Crimson and others because their music is fantastic and so easily related to the metal I was listening too. I've never confined myself to one form of music and let it get stale or get bored by it. My missus does that, listens to the same albums over and over and over again. The same band could have five albums but they all blend in with each other and become the same after a while.

Apart of anything this forum has shit loads more than just metal, unfortunately (for me) there is a lot of black metal talk which I'm just not into and there is a lot of fighting and dick swinging, even by the female posters, but the variety here is brilliant, so many new bands in so many different genres get talked about.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I'm not into Black Metal either. I admit I haven't really explored the forums on here too much. I'm just not interested. Although I have a fairly big music collection, it's not a huge selection of bands. Even though I do like bands like Pink Floyd and The Doors.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I'm not into black metal for the same reason I'm selective as to what death metal I listen to. Too much of it sounds the same and new black metal bands seem to come out every day. I was never a Doors fan but like the Stones I respect them for what they did even if I don't listen to them. The 60's and 70's was a phenomenal time music and some bands might have only had one good song or a few good albums but so much of it was cool. Some of the heavier bands have done great covers of 60's and 70's songs.

Funny, I'm the opposite. I do like some very early Stones. But other than that I'm not into them. Black Metal...I think that make up to look scary is cheesy, plus the keyboards ugh. Keyboards are not an aggressive instrument. And a lot of Death Metal hasn't much style imo.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Most of my death metal is old school, Morbid Angel, Death, Obituary, Terrorizoer, Napalm Death, and I've followed them through what they have released. But I rarely seek out new death metal, and that which I do seems to be more thrash with a death growl rather than full on death metal.

They are doing it well and the fact that they never tried to hide it does make a difference. If they'd have done Death covers then said they were doing something original I don't think I would have started listening to them

Reactions: redfly
Not sure of the full details but this popped up on FB a few minutes ago from Jason Bittner

En route to Resurrection Fest in Spain.....thanks to BRITISH AIRWAYS and IBERIA AIRLINES for losing DD and Derek’s guitars, Rafał Brauer guitar gear, Dave Linsk’s and my in ear rack, Jeffrey Wells workbox, and my full cymbal case!!! Oh don’t worry they say -“we can have it for you by Saturday!”

We play today........

I’m already thanking Roy Mayorga for getting me out of a jam today and Randy Black and Martin Furia doing the same tomorrow!​

Reactions: redfly and Neptune