The what's going on in Thrash thread

It really sucks when cool stuff is only available to a few lucky/greedy bastards. It just ends up on Ebay for some crazy price.

www.blabbermouth.net/news/testaments-eric-peterson-to-sign-copies-of-his-black-metal-influenced-comic-the-burner-at-comic-con-international/

I think that's part of the reason I don't go in for 'collectables'. I've got a few things floating around that I got from bands and sportsmen and I wont get rid of them but buying collectables from people who you know only got it to sell it give me the shits.

Reactions: redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ki...-concert-was-really-difficult-but-it-was-fun/

Kiko said: "When it comes to the rhythm parts, I play with Dave [Mustaine], so I have to match the way he plays, which is really hard, because he has his unique way of playing the rhythms, the riffs. That was the toughest part, I have to say. But now, I'm playing way better
If Kiko leaves the band that sentence will change too "Dave forced me to play the way he plays, his unique way of playing sucks" :)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ki...-concert-was-really-difficult-but-it-was-fun/

Kiko said: "When it comes to the rhythm parts, I play with Dave [Mustaine], so I have to match the way he plays, which is really hard, because he has his unique way of playing the rhythms, the riffs. That was the toughest part, I have to say. But now, I'm playing way better
If Kiko leaves the band that sentence will change too "Dave forced me to play the way he plays, his unique way of playing sucks" :)
I'm actually surprised that he's allowed to deviate from the solos. I guess Dave really is in love!

Reactions: Slammed
Curiosity got the better of me and I've changed my mind, I do believe we created something like that.

The guy is a definitely a throw back from the 80' hair metal era. The girls obviously don't mind being half dressed and they dance like they wanted to be in Girls, Girls, Girls, but never quite made it. The band at times look like Motley Crue and the music is not far short of a 80's hair metal.

It's not brilliant but there is melody, there is hook and most of it is as catchy as fuck. The guy vocals are a bit odd on one track but if these guys had been around 30 years ago I reckon they'd have gotten themselves a record contract along side some of those 80's hair metal bands.

For some reason, and it's got nothing to do with quality, the first clip I watched reminded me of Black Alice and the movie Sons Of Steel. I doubt you'll get copies of Sons Of Steel in too many places these days although I think the sound track is still available. But it's a classic D grade horror/sci fi movie made by a guy down here. It is so corny and the one liners so crass that it's a cult classic.

I'm still on the fence with these guys. Some of what I hear is really good I kind of forget I'm listening to them after a few songs and they just become back ground noise. I guess I need to sit down with nothing else and see what happens.

Being power metal it's probably not on the list for many here to listen to but I got this yesterday and it's waking the neighbours today. I love the cheesy lyrics and the way these guys sing about what they do.

powerwolfsacramentcd.jpg