The what's going on in Thrash thread

I'd never know that band, except maybe I'd vaguely heard of the name. I checked them out and I liked until the other singer cut in. But it really sucks to lose another metal guy!

Reactions: Slammed
I'd never know that band, except maybe I'd vaguely heard of the name. I checked them out and I liked until the other singer cut in. But it really sucks to lose another metal guy!

I read somewhere else that in 12 hours fans raised $30k for his funeral. That's a dedicated fan base but what the fuck is with paying for musos funerals? Maybe not every muso is a millionaire but surely after years of playing these people have some money. The other thing I would think someone who tours the world would have is insurance of some kind.

Reactions: redfly
I read somewhere else that in 12 hours fans raised $30k for his funeral. That's a dedicated fan base but what the fuck is with paying for musos funerals? Maybe not every muso is a millionaire but surely after years of playing these people have some money. The other thing I would think someone who tours the world would have is insurance of some kind.
Idk, the US is in a sad state financial health wise. Good for the fans!

I tried, I couldn't do it lol

Funny, comments like that and worse are mirrored constantly on YT and other social media but I reckon the pounding of the drums and the music, then adding the whole beauty and the beast vocals makes it a powerful song.

Did you get through it?

Yeah and then I watched Megadeth. Kreator are a band that haven't lost much as they've gotten older but I really need to give their later catalogue a better listen. I know most of their early stuff nearly note for note but not so much their newer stuff.

Yeah and then I watched Megadeth. Kreator are a band that haven't lost much as they've gotten older but I really need to give their later catalogue a better listen. I know most of their early stuff nearly note for note but not so much their newer stuff.
I really liked enemy Of God but for some reason I lost interest with the next one and never really got it back. They sound very good live though.

Funny, comments like that and worse are mirrored constantly on YT and other social media but I reckon the pounding of the drums and the music, then adding the whole beauty and the beast vocals makes it a powerful song.
Like I said I didn't listen to the whole thing. I tried but found it kind of cheesy.

Idk, the US is in a sad state financial health wise. Good for the fans!

Maybe it's because we are so far away from other places (and because our insurance companies push insurance for anything) but travel insurance that ensures you get home alive or dead is something that very few people would ignore. There is plenty of people here without insurance and therefore can struggle with funeral expenses, but pretty much any one making money and touring for business/work would get their arse insured if not for their own benefit for their family.

I really liked enemy Of God but for some reason I lost interest with the next one and never really got it back. They sound very good live though.

Ignoring their mid catalogue where they were too experimental I didn't loose interest but I played their early stuff to death and the later stuff just hasn't had that kind of attention. Whether the newer stuff would be more appreciated if I listen to it more I don't know but I don't think I've given it a chance like I gave the early stuff. That's why I made the comment about the older songs. A live set of older stuff would really suit me, but it may not suit everyone.