The what's going on in Thrash thread

You wouldn't think after all these and the career Mustaine has had he'd still take shit from them. Unless he likes having a scapegoat. That's kind of what it seems like.

Yeah I wonder as well. I guess maybe it's a case of just putting as many bands out there as possible and seeing what bites?

Reactions: Slammed
I guess it comes down to them having the power to distribute a greater number of albums than his own company could. Universal or any other major label has the contacts and contracts with stores and radio stations etc smaller labels like Tradecraft or EMP etc probably don't. Seems like quite a few bands set up their own recording labels but took distribution rights with major labels. Might be a tax thing as well as offering a little bit more control but never actually getting total control.

For some of the names it almost appears like they are being picked up at a fire sale :) "Take this band from the 80's, you can't have their catalogue but they are desperate to record and there might be a few fans out there who still remember them."

I guess it could be written in if the band were desperate to keep a label happy. Wouldn't have a clue if it's the case but if someone like Adler was contracted to a different label the bands label could say they are sick of putting "Adler appears courtesy X label" in the credits so they offer to buy out his contract and a deal can't be reached so the band label says sack him rather. In that case it could all come down to money and blaming the label, but it could also just be as simple as Dave having someone to blame.

Jnr is building up a fan base one at a time and when it's big enough he's going to release Megadeth albums under each band name :)

Reactions: redfly
I guess it could be written in if the band were desperate to keep a label happy. Wouldn't have a clue if it's the case but if someone like Adler was contracted to a different label the bands label could say they are sick of putting "Adler appears courtesy X label" in the credits so they offer to buy out his contract and a deal can't be reached so the band label says sack him rather. In that case it could all come down to money and blaming the label, but it could also just be as simple as Dave having someone to blame.

Jnr is building up a fan base one at a time and when it's big enough he's going to release Megadeth albums under each band name :)
Jr's taking over!

Damn man I really wish one just one interviewer would ask about collaboration with Gene and Steve. Because last time Chuck and Eric said there wasn't time. It seems like there is this time. Especially if they want thrashier. You couldn't have two better people!

Seem like all the interviews are only focused on when and not anything else. But then again focusing on what the as yet unwritten album sounds like could end up in the over use of words like aggressive.

I think they (and other bands) just keep saying the same thing over and over because they are sick of being asked the same question all the time.

darknessfirstclassviolence.jpg

Darkness to release new album in October.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I saw that this morning when trawling across Blabber. Never heard of the band but Tinkerbell Must Die came up in a Google search. I'm going to listen purely on the fact that they want to kill Tinkerbell.