The what's going on in Thrash thread

We've got a friend who is a board game nut, but she hates Monopoly with a vengeance. I've threatened to buy every crappy version of Monopoly just to make her play it because of all the times she's made us play some crappy game that bored the shit out of me.

Reactions: redfly
I'm currently going through the Exodus catalogue for the poll of Exodus albums in one of the other threads and I have to say as of today I do rank the Dukes albums higher than I used to. I don't think they are as good as Zetros, and I really think Exhibit A is a let down but SHKM and Exhibit B are better than I remember.

We've got a friend who is a board game nut, but she hates Monopoly with a vengeance. I've threatened to buy every crappy version of Monopoly just to make her play it because of all the times she's made us play some crappy game that bored the shit out of me.
Oh man you'd go broke! There are a lot of Monopoly games now!

Oh man you'd go broke! There are a lot of Monopoly games now!

For sure it's ridiculous, but if I was just doing it to be a bastard it would definitely be things like Monopoly Nature parks, ABBA Edition, or Horse-opoly. :)

I'm currently going through the Exodus catalogue for the poll of Exodus albums in one of the other threads and I have to say as of today I do rank the Dukes albums higher than I used to. I don't think they are as good as Zetros, and I really think Exhibit A is a let down but SHKM and Exhibit B are better than I remember.
I really liked Dukes. In part because I jut don't...there's things about Zetro that really erk me vocal wise. Sometimes he's great and I think he could be like that all the time. But sometimes he lays that Bon Scott thing on way to thick. And it has this kind of babytalk quality. I think over all I like Paul the best. And all the old albums are classic to me. Paul and Zetro.
Because Zetro doesn't do that thing I don't like all the time, and when it's the way I prefer he's great. I loved the Dukes albums because of how brutal they are. The drums are kicked up a notch I think, but I don't like that tuning for solos. It sounds like a rubber band. And just has no tone.
I think the tuning helps the early albums stay on top for me. They just have The Sound.
But the whole catalog for me is nice and Brutal with great drums, stand out bass and well. Everything. There are no weak spots on any line up with those musicians.
But I need to catch up too! I'm still missing some of their catalog. I still only have some of them on cassette so I don't listen to them.
It's been years and years for some of them.
So who knows. I may have no problem with Zetro anymore on those albums. But there was some of it on Blood In, Blood Out

Reactions: Slammed
I really liked Dukes. In part because I jut don't...there's things about Zetro that really erk me vocal wise. Sometimes he's great and I think he could be like that all the time. But sometimes he lays that Bon Scott thing on way to thick. And it has this kind of babytalk quality. I think over all I like Paul the best. And all the old albums are classic to me. Paul and Zetro.
Because Zetro doesn't do that thing I don't like all the time, and when it's the way I prefer he's great. I loved the Dukes albums because of how brutal they are. The drums are kicked up a notch I think, but I don't like that tuning for solos. It sounds like a rubber band. And just has no tone.
I think the tuning helps the early albums stay on top for me. They just have The Sound.
But the whole catalog for me is nice and Brutal with great drums, stand out bass and well. Everything. There are no weak spots on any line up with those musicians.
But I need to catch up too! I'm still missing some of their catalog. I still only have some of them on cassette so I don't listen to them.
It's been years and years for some of them.
So who knows. I may have no problem with Zetro anymore on those albums. But there was some of it on Blood In, Blood Out

The Bon Scott thing is definitely true, he does sing a good Bon cover but Exodus is far from a Bon cover band. I think when he really makes it work he can get both the aggression and the power into his voice but you're right there are times it drops away. I think I still prefer him to Paul though. The live songs off BBB with Zetro singing to me do sound better, but it could be because the first album I really got into of Exodus was POF, which interestingly enough is my least favourite these days, so Paul was not the first singer I heard.

I think SHKM and Exhibit B are really brutal but Exhibit A while it did have aggression it didn't flow that well, it could have been the length of some of the songs that did it. I'm not sure Exhibit A for me is as annoying as POF but it's close.

The stupid thing about POF for me is that I really like songs like Chemi-kill, 'till Death, Brain Dead and Seeds of Hate but I don't like the album that much any more.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...hing-to-build-something-really-incredible-up/

See they were building something incredible!

Although I think Dystopia was probably their best album for a while I'm not sure it was incredible. But it's good he still thinks so because it might keep them positive about creating something even better for the next go around.
Did you notice how much Jr said "we"? I love Jr but, what's his writing creds? especially since he's come back to the band. And I know for a fact he had almost nothing to do with the last album because I was in the Pledge campaign and we got all these little videos and he was almost non existent. He played to a click track and hadn't even really heard the songs.

Did you notice how much Jr said "we"? I love Jr but, what's his writing creds? especially since he's come back to the band. And I know for a fact he had almost nothing to do with the last album because I was in the Pledge campaign and we got all these little videos and he was almost non existent. He played to a click track and hadn't even really heard the songs.

I get the impression that maybe Jnr does more behind the scenes, as in business wise and I seem to remember somewhere not long ago, it might have been in his book that he claimed him and Snr were equal partners in Megadeth "the business". But as to what he contributes to each song we've got 15 years of interviews on Blabber etc telling us Megadeth is Dave's dictator ship. :)

I hadn't heard the Japanese edition until today but if that's Zetro he's done something amazing to his voice.

Reactions: Neptune
Yeah he can do the cleaner voice when he really wants to.But that other bonus track “Protect not Dissect” Discharge cover I really like!To my ears,that tone is so heavy!!!

Man I gotta stop buying albums when they come out. I gotta wait and get the bonus tracks or the Japanese releases!