The what's going on in Thrash thread

For me it was the other way. I reckon I've only met one person who appreciates them, some who tolerate, but most who don't and some who just refuse to listen altogether.

Reactions: redfly
Maybe Dukes album might have something worth listening to on it if he's got Gary in to do a solo :)

I guess it will be good to see what he comes up with, I have a little more appreciation for Dukes since listening to the Exodus disco for the ranking thread a few weeks ago, but if he goes anywhere near that hip hop shit I wont even listen to the album.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Maybe I should listen to that last Dukes album again but even with the hip hop thing removed I'm not sure I liked what I heard.

I can't remember if it was removed or if they announced that before they started writing. Either way it would definitely would have been worse lol.
I think I liked one of the songs from the last album. But I don't remember how many I heard.

Reactions: Slammed
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/da...nd-still-in-slayer-he-wouldnt-want-to-retire/

Not sure I agree with the headline. What Dave has done is respectable and is a good tribute to his fallen mate but speculating what Jeff might or might not want doesn't need to be there. I don't have a problem with Dave having the thought but for me he could have kept that one thought to himself, and Blabber could have used any other headline from the tribute just like other sites did. To me that headline is only to get clicks and comments on the page and that's not what the tribute should be about.

Edit: It appears Bravewords went with a similar headline. Seems the two sites are getting more alike everyday.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/da...nd-still-in-slayer-he-wouldnt-want-to-retire/

Not sure I agree with the headline. What Dave has done is respectable and is a good tribute to his fallen mate but speculating what Jeff might or might not want doesn't need to be there. I don't have a problem with Dave having the thought but for me he could have kept that one thought to himself, and Blabber could have used any other headline from the tribute just like other sites did. To me that headline is only to get clicks and comments on the page and that's not what the tribute should be about.

Edit: It appears Bravewords went with a similar headline. Seems the two sites are getting more alike everyday.
Funny I noticed that about BW the other day. I think it was a KK article. Before that it seemed they weren't doing that. That must have seen how many clicks Blabber was getting.

I don't have a problem with what Dave said, but I do think he's kidding himself. If Tom was hinting about retiring years ago I don't think Jeff would be able to do anything by this point. I mean Kerry doesn't want to stop, nor Paul. So I don't think Jeff could have kept this from happening.